New batch of DCC "friendly" Dapol Ivatt 2-MT 2-6-2T announced

Started by Bob G, November 27, 2022, 12:37:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

Quote from: jc_92 on January 20, 2023, 04:51:32 PM
Quote from: captainelectra on December 01, 2022, 10:03:10 PM
There will be some changes to the announced line-up to include some push-pull machines - we did not realise there was this option on the tooling at first.

looking today on rails website, there is 41227 available to preorder. it doesn't specify that it comes with PP gear fitted, although that specific loco should do. the others on offer on other didn't have it.

as Roy says, an LMS pull push set wouldn't go amiss, a big gap in the market for umpteen midland region BLTs!!

Bachmann have a 41227 in OO with BRITISH RAILWAYS plastered across the side tanks, in otherwise nice lined black livery. On the basis of how it has been described in the listing by Rails, it looks like this livery has been copied by Dapol, so it is an early lined black livery, pre early crest. That makes it difficult to change the crest from early to late or vice versa without a complete repaint, so I wont be shopping for that variant after all, much as I was prepared to change crest and renumber.

There are plenty of websites that have photographs which show these push-pull fittings on Ivatts with both early and late BR crest, so I don't understand why Dapol didn't go for more marketable liveries?  :(

Bob

stevewalker

A number of locos would have retained the BRITISH RAILWAYS text, rather than a crest for some years after the changeover - I'm sure I have read of at least one that retained it until scrapping in the mid to late '60s. That may not be the case for any of the Ivatts, but it would not be unreasonable to mix pre-crest, early crest and possibly even late crest locos, without it appearing totally unfeasible.

Bob G

Quote from: stevewalker on January 20, 2023, 06:30:55 PM
A number of locos would have retained the BRITISH RAILWAYS text, rather than a crest for some years after the changeover - I'm sure I have read of at least one that retained it until scrapping in the mid to late '60s. That may not be the case for any of the Ivatts, but it would not be unreasonable to mix pre-crest, early crest and possibly even late crest locos, without it appearing totally unfeasible.
Yes but the one I want is 41210 late crest as it ran on the Southern!
I can change a crest and number but removing the text without a respray could be tricky.
Bob

Newportnobby

41222 was PP fitted and frequently hauled the 'Newport Nobby' between Wolverton and Newport Pagnell :)

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations