Dapol announce new run of Class 27 and 35 Diesels

Started by NGS-PO, June 04, 2021, 06:59:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NGS-PO

Includes first issue of a 27 in the regrettable (in my opinion at least) two tone green 27.

https://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/9/

https://www.dapol.co.uk/Catalogue/11/

Both models upgraded to Next18.

Best

Scott
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Newportnobby

I'll be seeking a green ( :P) class 24 but have 2 powered and 1 dummy class 35.
Not bothered about DCC

NGS-PO

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 04, 2021, 09:56:34 PM
I'll be seeking a green ( :P) class 24 but have 2 powered and 1 dummy class 35.
Not bothered about DCC

The green livery on that catalogue page isn't the new one being offered, it's this one:

https://www.hattons.co.uk/426025/heljan_2719_class_27_5380_in_br_two_tone_green_with_full_yellow_ends_weathered/stockdetail.aspx

I think, but I'm not at home to check, that this dates from late 60s/post steam?  To me it does t suite the locomotive but I'm happy if your mileage varies.

Best

Scott.
If you know someone who's depressed, please resolve never to ask them why. Depression isn't a straightforward response to a bad situation; depression just is, like the weather.Try to understand the blackness, lethargy, hopelessness, and loneliness they're going through. Be there for them when they come through the other side. It's hard to be a friend to someone who's depressed, but it is one of the kindest, noblest, and best things you will ever do."

(PLEASE NOTE: Unless where obviously posting on behalf of the NGS, all posts and views are my own and not connected/endorsed by the Society.)

Newportnobby

Uh-oh. I really dislike the full custard dipped green version so hope Dapol do either the plain green (no panel) or small yellow panel version. I'll wait to see what Rails announce.
BR Blue started being done in 1965.

NGS-PO

-002 and -003 will be the standard class 27 green one with and one without a small yellow panel so you'll be fine.

Best

Scott

NGS-PO

https://flic.kr/p/aRAj96

https://flic.kr/p/c6s6to

These show 5382 in two-tone and with a small panel. I don't know if or when it ever got a full panel. Only 5380 and 5382 got two-tone greened.

Best

Scott.

Newportnobby

Quote from: NGS-PO on June 04, 2021, 10:36:26 PM
-002 and -003 will be the standard class 27 green one with and one without a small yellow panel so you'll be fine.

Best

Scott

Thanks, Scott, but D5379/80/81/82/83 were all based at Bedford in 1964 so I'll be going for 2D-013-004 D5382 two tone green with SYP as it will be true to both my layouts.

bluedepot

i wonder if the lights will be separately switchable? that would solve the class 27 forward marker light error.

i want a standard br blue fye no d prefix hymek but that's not on offer.  im sure i will see a second hand one anyway.

tim

Newportnobby

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 05, 2021, 09:06:48 AM
Quote from: NGS-PO on June 04, 2021, 10:36:26 PM

Best

Scott

Thanks, Scott, but D5379/80/81/82/83 were all based at Bedford in 1964 so I'll be going for 2D-013-004 D5382 two tone green with SYP as it will be true to both my layouts.

........and ordered. £116.45 at Rails with free postage :)

Newportnobby

Quote from: bluedepot on June 05, 2021, 12:26:00 PM
i wonder if the lights will be separately switchable? that would solve the class 27 forward marker light error.

i want a standard br blue fye no d prefix hymek but that's not on offer.  im sure i will see a second hand one anyway.
tim

@bluedepot
Tim - I stand to be corrected but I think Dapol never made a Hymek (green or blue) without a 'D' prefix so it will likely be finding a used one and renumbering it.

crewearpley40

Quote from: Newportnobby on June 05, 2021, 09:03:22 PM
2 of those links are for green versions, Chris.
Tim is after blue with full yellow ends e.g.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/284313994140?hash=item42326f439c:g:YJIAAOSwf8Bgs9he
it was just a few photos to say yes the locos had the D prefix on production Mick. I forgot about the Ebay link Tim

bluedepot

ah ok thanks.  surprised they didn't make one with no d. anyway i think in real life they just rubbed the d out or removed it somehow. I'll just look out for one in blue and then try to do that.

cheers

tim

Steven B

Hymek's had cast metal numbers. When the 'D' was removed it was often just painted over.

Steven B

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations