class 40 - surely new one on way!

Started by bluedepot, January 04, 2014, 06:37:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

d-a-n

Quote from: Vanders on January 16, 2014, 11:47:26 PM
After seeing the pictures of the big 'un in BRM this month I'm now suddenly not so keen to spend my cash. :goggleeyes:

What is it you don't like about the new OO 40? Is it because it's in OO gauge?!  ;) :NGaugersRule:

Wayne 56089

Only thing stopping a proper n gauge version being done would be bachmann already had a decent chassis for the 00 one that just needed tweaking from the first botched version.

Ours would need a complete new one unless they can tweak the new DCC ready one that will be under the peaks due out in whatever year they appear  ::)

Vanders

Quote from: d-a-n on January 18, 2014, 01:03:43 PM
What is it you don't like about the new OO 40? Is it because it's in OO gauge?!  ;) :NGaugersRule:

Heh, no it's the very silly mould line on the nose (in this day and age?) and the huge gap between the body & bogies: the nose ends look like they're floating. There's a bunch of smaller issues that are just rivet counting, but the end result isn't exactly stellar.

bluedepot

huge gap between the body & bogies

yeh I noticed this in the pictures too.  in n gauge I doubt you'll notice it though, esp. as more than likely looking down on the trains rather than level with them.

tim

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations