Does any one make stacks of bricks?

Started by Oldman, April 07, 2013, 08:01:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oldman

Trying to see if I can get some bits together, does anyone know if or where I can get stacks of bricks, for lorry loads and around a brickyard.
Going to need enough for a 13 bay kiln. ::)
Maybe something for one of our 3D modelers to try.
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Alex

Hi Mick,

Closest I can find is Unit Models and their concrete blocks on a pallet.

http://www.unitmodels.com/product.php?id_product=309

Alex :wave:

Mustermark

I have plans for a construction site and am planning to wrap small cubes of plastic in Scalescenes brick paper.  But they should be easy to do as a 3d print.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

Oldman

Thanks for the link Alex, they look very interesting and I like the price.

Had thought about blocks wrapped in brick paper but did not think that would not look so good.

After I posted the original query I found these that might work out  for you Mark.At least the postage would be cheaper.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261195998874?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Modelling stupid small scale using T gauge track and IDl induction track. Still have  N gauge but not the space( Japanese Trams) Excuse spelling errors please, posting on mobile phone

Alex

Hi Mike,

They look great, pity about the high postage though. Might be worth an email to ask how many stacks he could send for the $10 postage.

Alex :wave:

EtchedPixels

You can certainly 3D print stacks of bricks, in theory you can 3D print bricks, but they fall under the handling size limit unless on sprues of a similar size !

"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

trainsdownunder

Hi Alex

Another link for you.

http://modeltechstudios.com/nscalebrickandstonepiles6packgreatforrailroadcarloadstoo.aspx

Don't know Richard from N'tastic can help with these as I think he does stuff from Model Tech

Oldman

Will try a couple of packs from Unit Models to see what they are like first.
Have the kiln to build, - looks good and was a reasonable price for a download. 20+ sheets plus instructions.
Based on one on North Island NZ.  Made by www.phillipsmodels.co.nz

Jerry Howlett

Mike, have you started the kiln yet ?.
Couldn't resist the site so I have bought the power station. So far just one tip if the kiln is similar, colour the edges around the door / kiln entrances as where the printed cover folds around the edges at the corners it leaves a TINY gap.

Jerry
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

rodders

About a year ago i bought some bricks and loads from Fleabay some were sheeted loads.  painting,  seemed to be the difference between believable, lifelike loads. I don't know if they are still available, maybe worth a look!  regards Rodders.
After I explained to my wife, that when I said I fancied doing some modelling, I  meant with trains, not Victoria's secret fashion show, she quite warmed to the idea!

Oldman

Quote from: Jerry Howlett on April 10, 2013, 06:33:26 AM
Couldn't resist the site so I have bought the power station. So far just one tip if the kiln is similar, colour the edges around the door / kiln entrances as where the printed cover folds around the edges at the corners it leaves a TINY gap.

Jerry
Currently laminating sheets of A4 card together prior to getting the scalpel to them. Won't rush this one those arches will be interesting to make.
Its getting all the layers together before the covers- have 11 pages of them, and 12 pages of base layers.

Oldman

Descisions have been made and I am ordering one pack from the USA, and a couple of the packs of blocks from Unit Models.
I will compare the products when I receive them and then decide on which looks better.

Once I have decided which is best I may see if I can negotiate a price for 20 packs. :hmmm:

daveg

Jerry

Just wondering how you guys are getting on with the models. My particular interest would be the power station. How's that going Jerry?

Dave G

Oldman

Quote from: daveg on April 16, 2013, 04:59:09 PM
Just wondering how you guys are getting on with the models. My particular interest would be the power station. How's that going Jerry?
Dave G
Working on the card version(Mk1) of the kiln - is very card hungry at 12 sheets A4 plus 11 sheets of cover layers.
Agree with you Jerry about colouring the edges first.
Top layer of Kiln cutout and covered ready to glue.

Jerry Howlett

Quote from: daveg on April 16, 2013, 04:59:09 PM

Jerry

Dave G
2 end walls completed and one side done however am on a short break in sunny Scotland.....
I will post some pictures as I progrees with it next week.
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations