Dapol Silver Link who wants one

Started by GWR-Kris, February 25, 2013, 02:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

EtchedPixels

Bit steep for a loco that  should have valences in the first place  :doh:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Dock Shunter

Do you think it might be Osbornes putting out the feelers to see if there are any more mugs out there,after the one that went for £460 a few weeks ago...... :hmmm:

Karhedron

Probably Maurice selling his personal one at that sort of money.  :laughabovepost:
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

Dr Al

These are going to devalue from these hideous highs pretty quick I reckon - once Dapol produce a properly valanced version (which they are definitely reported to be working on), I can't see these making so much money....

Cheers,
Alan
Quote from: Roy L S
If Dr Al is online he may be able to provide a more comprehensive answer.

"We have also arranged things so that almost no one understands science and technology. This is a prescription for disaster. We might get away with it for a while, but sooner or later this combustible mixture of ignorance and power is going to blow up in our faces."Dr. Carl Sagan

Paul B

Quote from: EtchedPixels on February 25, 2013, 02:30:05 PM
Bit steep for a loco that  should have valences in the first place  :doh:

I joined the Dapol club for the sole reason that I could buy a Silver Link - when I found that it hadn't got valances I cancelled my purchase...  ???

Hope they do bring an A4 with valances out some time!
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

daveg

:o A daft price IMHO but I guess if someone with the cash really wants one ...

Dave G

Northern Git

I take it at that price it's still guaranteed to fail within the first three feet of running.

OwL

For that price i would expect it to be made of real Silver! If any one is foolish enough to buy one for that over inflated price then they have more money than sense!
Mind you, it proves the saying 'A fool and his money are soon partying :headbang: :music: :pint: :toot:'
;D

Proud New Owner of Old Warren Traction Maintenance Depot Layout.

http://www.c58lg.co.uk/  http://www.c60pg.co.uk/

bluedepot

i wouldn't even pay that much for a live steam version...

tim

MikeDunn

LOL, I don't !!!

Those prices have gotten very silly - but this one takes the biscuit !

macwales

Hi

I have a good mind to put mine up for sale for £299 as a 'bargain'. Only joking - now its been anti screached I love it. Not being a purist - I know I would not like it so much with the valences. It's nice to see the wheels in motion as the express rattles round!!

Cheers

Mac

Geoff

I have a problem getting £5 out of my pocket never mind that kind of money, and I do not think the colour scheme will go with my layout, it will be dazzling me all the time.
Geoff

4x2

If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations