The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve836

Quote from: paulprice on September 28, 2015, 08:16:59 AM
Quote from: steve836 on September 28, 2015, 08:13:44 AM
Quote from: paulprice on September 28, 2015, 08:00:34 AM
I know I am going to et moaned at, but as far as I am concerned a loco does not look like a loco unless its got a crew an lamps fitted.

Now I know fitting crews can be difficult and involves sometimes severe butchery, and fitting plans to loco's can restrict their duties on your layout, but its better than nothing???

The problem is it can be time consuming, MORE SO WEHN THEN  :censored: LITTLE BRILLIANCE CRYSTALS KEEP FALLING OUT OF THE LAMPS JUAST AFTER THEEY HAVE BEEN FITTED NEVER TO BE SEEN AGAIN............AAAARRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH

Never mind, they'll probably turn up next time a loco fails to work! :veryangry:

Don't get me started on that subject  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

Looks like I already have! :P
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

dannyboy

Quote from: daveg on September 28, 2015, 06:09:38 AM
Quote from: paulprice on September 27, 2015, 09:46:04 PM
Quote from: daveg on September 27, 2015, 07:14:47 PM
Quote from: paulprice on September 27, 2015, 11:01:32 AM
I have to go to work soon to fix a truck :'( I want to do my trains

Try and stay positive, PP!

Work usually = Cash
Cash usually/often = Trains.

But in my case:
Pension = trains, sometimes

Dave G

Work = salaried for 8 hours a day actually work 12-15 hours a day, weekends not included  :'(

Sympathies!

Did similar for a lot of years but decided to walk away a few years back.

Never regretted it but there are the obvious financial downsides.

Take it easy.

Dave G
I too can sympathise. Up to January 2013 I had a supervisors job whereby I was responsible for a number of sites and about 20 staff. I received a salary and a 'bonus' of €60 a week for being on call 24/7 and if anyone went sick etc., I had to cover. For the last 3 months of 2012, I had a night vacancy at one site, so I had to cover those shifts, between 2 and 5 x 12 hours, per week. The boss decided that he wanted me to cover some more sites, so I, politely, told him no. I gave up the supervisors job, took over the night vacancy and have never looked back - best move I made in a long time!  :) (Maybe I should put this in the 'Happy' thread  :))
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

paulprice

Quote from: Only Me on September 28, 2015, 08:46:32 AM
Just trade them in and buy Diesels :D

NEVER NEVER NEVER NEVER, I would rather eat my own bowel than have Diesels  :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry: :veryangry:

MikeDunn

Just called my plumber again ... 2nd time today.  The heating expansion tank that had a new ballcock fitted earlier this year is now letting the water run out of the overflow like it's a tap  :veryangry:  Won't turn off.

God knows how much this call-out will cost me !  :censored:

Bob Tidbury

Mike can you just lift the ball 'male chicken' (changed by forum) arm up and then tye it or put a piece of wood across the tank under the arm that should stop it as a temporary measure.
Bob

MikeDunn

Nope, as the  :censored: "stop" don't work  :veryangry:

MikeDunn

Well ... he's gone ...

New ballcock fitted (different type to the broke one), and he's put a kill-valve on the pipe into the tank (why he didn't do that when I had the main work done ...  :unimpressed:).  So the overflow now isn't, no noise of water teeming out, no gurgling from the pipework, and best of all, I made sure the bath tap pressure was back to normal & not the usual trickle after work is normally done  8) 

Fingers crossed ... ... ...  :-X  And aren't I glad I don't have a water meter  :P  But god knows what his bill will be  :uneasy:

Calnefoxile

I started to put this into the Unhappy Thread, but as I was writing it I could feel my blood boil and so I've put it over here instead:

I'm a James Bond fan and am so looking forward to the new film Spectre, so how disappointed was I when I heard that turgid, pile of  :poop:  released by Sam Smith, called 'Writings on the Wall' which is the new Bond Theme.  :veryangry: :censored: :veryangry: :censored:

It has got to be the worse Bond Theme ever, and to add insult to injury apparently it's made it to No1 in the charts WTF!!! How the hell did that happen!!!!, now I like some of Sam Smiths stuff, but this really is garbage. Apparently he says it took him 20 minutes to write it, trust me it shows!!!

Right, calm down Neal, it's only a song....... :worried: :worried:

But it is real  :poop: and a huge steaming pile of it. It bores me to tears when I hear it. I have to change channel on the radio when Radio 2 play it

AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHHHHHH

Regards

Neal.

MikeDunn

Charts ain't wot they used ta be  :thumbsdown:

Malc

So not your favourite song then Neal?
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Skyline2uk

Well we are two weeks on and the saga of the oven continues.

There is a brand new, fully packaged oven sitting in the middle of my kitchen. And a big hole where the old one was. And until I find a gas safe fitter / sparky, that is how it will stay.

Argos immediately refunded installation costs but now playing silly buggers with compensation for two days work missed for the future Mrs.

It's not been a good week all in all, other things have really narked so I am glad the weekend is here.

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

Quote from: Calnefoxile on October 02, 2015, 04:22:47 PM

I'm a James Bond fan and am so looking forward to the new film Spectre, so how disappointed was I when I heard that turgid, pile of  :poop:  released by Sam Smith, called 'Writings on the Wall' which is the new Bond Theme.

Have to agree with you, Neal. My sister asked me what I thought of the song yesterday - my reply had her in stitches and my Mum spluttering that her only son could use such language in public. As music for wimps goes, it's right down there at the deep end. John Barry et al must be in despair at such a piece of drivel (I wonder who'll be the first to ask who 'al' is :hmmm:)
Nobody will see the film as they'll have fallen asleep to the theme ::)

dannyboy

Quote from: newportnobby on October 02, 2015, 08:00:00 PM

(I wonder who'll be the first to ask who 'al' is :hmmm:)

Didn't Simon and Garfunkel sing about 'Al'?  :)

David.

Sprintex

Quote from: dannyboy on October 02, 2015, 10:32:40 PM

Nope :P

Paul Simon did, Art had nothing to do with it ;)

Paul

dannyboy

Quote from: Sprintex on October 02, 2015, 10:36:29 PM
Quote from: dannyboy on October 02, 2015, 10:32:40 PM

Nope :P

Paul Simon did, Art had nothing to do with it ;)

Paul
Well, when you get to my age.......at least I was half right  :P
David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations