The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff

Well they have started, Pension phone calls from private companies wanting to cash in my private pension, well I can tell you what I told them, I am taking my pension as it is supposed to be, please go away and do not phone back.

Who do they think they are taking a chunk out of other peoples hard earned money they can sod off.  :censored:

sorry government your not getting extra taxes out of me at the present time bog off.  :veryangry:
Geoff

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

MikeDunn

Quote from: Geoff on September 10, 2015, 12:11:46 PM
well I can tell you what I told them, [...] please go away and do not phone back.  [...] they can sod off.  :censored:
And that has the effect of ... putting you on the list to be called again tomorrow, or have the details sold on as a 'live' number ...

If your phone has answering facilities - use it to screen callers (amazing how many hand up when they hear the answering machine - and the best bit is they've already been hit with the charge  :thumbsup:); and if it has blocking facilities, block the buggers - the system basically ID's their number as a blocked one, and then picks up & hangs up - again hitting them with the charge  :thumbsup:  Sadly, you can't do this to withheld or international numbers, so that has to be the screening approach ...  The only way you know this has happened is if you have an old-style analogue phone connected somewhere; the bell will tinkle for a fraction of a second.  Otherwise silence is bliss  :angel:

After all - if the caller from an unknown number really needs to contact you - they'll leave a message  :D  And if (while screening) you decide to speak with them, you can  :thumbsup:

Malc

I bought a call blocker off Amazon for about £30. It's the best £30 I've ever spent. It has hundreds of spam numbers built in and you can add extra ones by hitting the big red button during the call. Silence is bliss.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Geoff

Quote from: Malc on September 10, 2015, 07:05:35 PM
I bought a call blocker off Amazon for about £30. It's the best £30 I've ever spent. It has hundreds of spam numbers built in and you can add extra ones by hitting the big red button during the call. Silence is bliss.

I do not have a problem with the house phone we never give that number out, I started getting dodgy calls when I changed my mobile provider from EE to BT.
Geoff

MikeDunn

Quote from: Geoff on September 10, 2015, 07:19:59 PM
I do not have a problem with the house phone we never give that number out
Makes no difference - there are people who spam numbers not known to be used, and sell on those that answer ...

QuoteI started getting dodgy calls when I changed my mobile provider from EE to BT.
If a smartphone, you can get blocker apps if the phone (or provider) doesn't have that functionality built-in.

Geoff

Quote from: MikeDunn on September 10, 2015, 08:07:34 PM
Quote from: Geoff on September 10, 2015, 07:19:59 PM
I do not have a problem with the house phone we never give that number out
Makes no difference - there are people who spam numbers not known to be used, and sell on those that answer ...

QuoteI started getting dodgy calls when I changed my mobile provider from EE to BT.
If a smartphone, you can get blocker apps if the phone (or provider) doesn't have that functionality built-in.

Hi Mike I think I am in luck I have a LG mobile and it lets you block callers so that number is now blocked.
Geoff

Newportnobby

Speaking of BT, 2 years ago I got their telephone directory through the door and...surprise, surprise...my number was listed. I rang them up and fired a rocket up their  :censored: as I'm supposedly ex directory. They couldn't think of an excuse but stated I would be withdrawn from said directory before the next one came out.
Yeah - you're ahead of me. Got the latest version this week and I'm still in the  :censored: thing.
I took early retirement in part to avoid officialdom that doesn't listen but still suffer from it ::)

Malc

We are ex directory and am on the phone preference service, but we still got spam calls from these automated callers. The blocker was a god send.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

jonclox

:censored:  :headbutt: Toms dad has just emailed me saying that for a few nights (?)  he is going to need his bed back ready to use. The beds under a great pile of storred  :ngauge: stock and has junk piled in front of it   + of course its now the railway room and he works nights so chaos and bedlam ensues for an indefinite period  :headbutt: :headbutt:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

jonclox

So now the layouts buried under piles of stuff and interloper now installed in  bed and snoring  his head off.
Seems that he got uptight with something his partner had dun so she smashed the telly  :hmmm:
Now this morning she is demanding he go and but a new one for her and the kids   :o
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

steve836

I should tell him that he's a grown up and should go home and sort it out
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

Newportnobby

Bad enough when you have your own 'domestics' without getting caught up in others.
Strikes me he has run away from the problem instead of dealing with it himself ::)
Sorry, Jon, but I'd have got short shrift from my parents and been told 'you made your bed now lie in it'.
Instead you've given him a bed to lie in.

REGP

Sorry Jon but got to agree with Nobby, by all means help them out on occasions  but they have to sort out that type of problem themselves not run away.

Ray

jonclox

Agreed. Giving him a bed is one thing but beyond that he/she are on their own. Its the effect on the grandkids that worry us
He has gone home now (but left his kit here)  to try and sort thing out and comfort (?) the kids.
John A GOM personified
Ruleoneshire

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP