The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Had the layout apart for a couple of days adding more reed switches embedded in the track.  Was working on the Bampney Station module and accidentally knocked it over and it crashed to the floor with one hell of a thud.    :'(

Goods shed totally obliterated, 2 Dapol semaphore signals broken, back wall of station come adrift, chimney and chimney stacks broken off of 2 houses plus the chimney stacks on Bampney station have also broken. Managed to find some of the bits but still missing two chimney stacks.

Not a happy teddy.   :(    :veryangry2:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

steve836

My sympathy! It's enfuriating when hours of work goes down the pan.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

daveg

Commiserations, Caz!

Hope you find the missing bits.

Dave G

Bob Tidbury

Sorry to hear of your accident Caz but I know with your skill you will soon have it repaired and running again ,good luck .
Bob

ozzie Bill.

I have now been working as a sessional lecturer for 5 weeks at a local tertiary college. Due to an "administrative oversight" (read - they forgot to tell me) I did not get a police check in time for the 1st fortnightly pay period. The "administrator" then refused to sign off my pay, as I had not got the piece of paper, despite the fact it was her fault. I duly went and got the bit of paper, but by then it was, apparently, too late for the second pay period as well!! Now well into the 3rd pay period and I have still not been paid.
As this is a facility that is supposed to teach management, I find it incredible that they are so flaming useless at managing their own affairs.
What really pees me off, is that no one seems to care.
rant over, thanks for reading.
Cheers, Bill.

Bealman

I care, buddy. I see it so often here in the Illawarra. Incompetence.... strange how it always seems to involve money.

Caz... chin up! As Bob says, you'll have it back together in no time, and most probably BETTER.  :thumbsup:

George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

steve836

Hi Bill,
I expect that if you owed them they would be a lot quicker.
KISS = Keep it simple stupid

daveg

I worked for a 'team development/building' business.

Got little respect for the effort put in and rarely if ever apologised for their mistakes. Always found something that wasn't right!

Seems the problem is universal.  :(

Dave G

Malc

Try charging them interest on missed payments, Bill. It seems to work for the UK tax man.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

ozzie Bill.

Thanks guys. It has been with the "HR" dep't all day and I have just heard that the "case is resolved and everything is fine as I will be paid IN THE NEXT PAY RUN"!!
I am now seriously unhappy and will go in Monday and tell them to pay me there and then or I walk. Thankfully I need them a whole lot less than they need me.
Cheers, Bill

Bealman

:laughabovepost: Now ya talkin'!

I told Mrs Bealman about it, and though she finds NGF as about as interesting as farming galahs, she did express concern that you would get paid in one lump and then taxed like all you-know-what.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Malc

Quote from: Bealman on March 13, 2015, 12:23:14 PM

farming galahs
Not quite sure what a galah is, George. I thought it was a red coloured parrot type thingy. Or does it have a different Antipodean meaning? Whatever, it is a phrase I'm sure I'll be able to drop into a conversation, as long as you tell me it's clean. :D
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Geoff

The other day I was listening to the radio and one of the presenters said he could not stand people calling him Mate or Pal, Urghh I am sorry but you have put your self in this position wanting people to like you by becoming a presenter.

What do they want, oh yeah the money..

wonder if it was on the BBC Mmmm.

Ahhhh  :veryangry:

Geoff

Agrippa

I think a galah is a galoot, fool, numpty. halfwit etc, the phrase
was used by Barry Mckenzie (creation of Barry Humphries).
No doubt any  Ozzies will correct if wrong.

Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations