The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pete Mc

This was pretty much a slamdunk for the police though wasn't it?

The bloke was held at the scene until they arrived(forceably),so there was really only going to be one conclusion.

The surprising thing to me was the reaction of the local residents.Now I only live about 10 minutes drive away from the scene providing the level crossing barriers aren't down(east coast mainline to Edinburgh so its a busy crossing) and around a 25 minute walk(timed on monday due to having to meet the car's recovery truck driver to hand over the car keys) so its not like I don't know the area,but for one bloke to do what he did in order to detain him is very public spirited.

I know in the past there have been similar incidents so I suppose that generally,a community spirit is alive and kicking in Arksey,Doncaster.Also,there are families with kids as well and even though its the main road from Barnby Dun to Arksey and Bentley,it is a busy one too so this may be a motive factor too.

Like I say,with this case,there was going to be a conviction of some form and this just,to me anyway,enforces the confidence I have with South Yorkshire Police and the hard work they do.

I wouldn't do their job for a gold pig,then again,any police officer probably wouldn't do mine either.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Bealman

Well, it's a result of sorts, Pete.

Lowlife and punishments not fitting the crime are common here at the Antipodes too, don't you worry. Three years ago a very, very close friend of mine was assaulted at a bus stop here in my home town. A huge piece of his skull had to be removed to drain the blood,he was in an induced coma and came very close to death. He carried that piece of skull around in his abdomen for nearly 12 months before they could put it back into place.

He has lost some faculties (not too many, fortunately), but has a major walking problem because of the injury. He missed his daughter's wedding in Europe, and obviously cannot work again - in short his life has been ruined.

The guy who did this was apprehended, and appeared before the court on several occasions. His punishment? Eighteen months good behaviour bond and he is walking the local streets as I write this.

Justice, Aussie style.

As you say, Pete, it could have been worse. But I still wish you all the best with the insurance. I think that Alan's advice above is very sound.

Keep us posted, buddy. :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Michael Hendle

Hi
Pete I think the sentence he got is a joke 18 weeks,should be at least 18 months probably more,as for the disqualification,well as we have seen he won't a blind bit of notice of that.

The best sentence would have been imprisonment for the length of the driving ban,that way he has no chance of driving while disqualified.

I hope the insurance pay up soon so as you can get back to normal,re cars I have a SEAT Altea ecomotive,a really nice car,and as I'm disabled it higher off the ground,ae SEAT are part of the VW group it has a Volkswagen Diesel engine,and some of the other parts are Audi.

Mike

EtchedPixels

The law deals only with punishment for the crime. It doesn't usually prevent you recovering you financial losses from the retard in question if he has any assets. So if you've got travel costs, insurance hits etc it can be worth talking to the no win no fee vultures. They do have a social purpose even if the law needs changing a bit to keep them vulturing causes that are worth it not small slips on pavements.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Newportnobby

I would usually shy away from those vultures, but in this case I agree wholeheartedly with EP - let the vultures loose on that piece of carrion >:D

REGP

Pete

I agree with EP & Nobby, trying the no fee route is certainly worth a punt, BUT ONLY IF he has any money or assets that can be realised.

Ray

EtchedPixels

and if the insurer doesn't ask him to go that path anyway - which they may choose to do themselves.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Pete Mc

Thanks chaps,that might not be a bad idea.

Although as he is unemployed I expect he'll have a 50"telly hanging on his living room wall along with xbox,ps3 and other gadgety stuff,just like the rest of them.

At the moment,the only expense that'll be run up is the £100 excess on my policy,but I have been assured that this will be taken up by my uninsured losses policy whereby uninsured losses can be claimed upto £250,000.
I could've used this to hire a car in the meantime but as I am trying to amass as much money for a replacement car,this would've significantly affected my ability to do so.

Pete
:Class31: :Class37: :NGaugersRule:
Its my train set and I'll run worra want!

Pete sadly passed away on the 27th November 2013 - http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17988.msg179976#msg179976

Tank

One of the fans in the PSU of my CCTV DVR is making a terrible racket.  I've opened up the DVR and cleaned it all but it still carries on.  £55 for a whole PSU when I just need a £5 or £10 fan.  Argh! >:(  I've contacted a 'Dedicated Micros' dealer to see what they say.

lil chris

Tank what size is the fan, you can buy lots of computer fans in differing sizes from scan or many other computer suppliers.
http://www.scan.co.uk/shop/computer-hardware/all/coolers-air/system-case-fans-120mm-130mm
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

EtchedPixels

It's not even Halloween and the council have just put up the *christmas* decorations.

CF-FZG

Quote from: REGP on October 23, 2013, 06:15:20 PM
BUT ONLY IF he has any money or assets that can be realised.

Naaaahhh, go after him for your excess, costs etc. anyway - he'll be required to pay.  Then you take him to small claims for the money, if he then can't pay - you can ask the court to recover the money for you or have him declared bankrupt. 
As an undischarged bankrupt, the bank can restrict or even close his account.  Where's his benefits going to be paid now >:D  and as a bankrupt, he's what's known as 'boogered*' financially - until you lift the bankruptcy.

* - a legal term  :)

N.B. a friend did something similar a few years back when two kids caused £3k worth of damage to his car - and one of them couldn't get a job because he needed a bank account to be paid - daddy soon paid up at that point :thumbsup:

N.B.2  Subject to current legal advice
Mark.

Tonka toys, big boys toys.

MikeDunn

Quote from: EtchedPixels on October 29, 2013, 11:46:22 PM
It's not even Halloween and the council have just put up the *christmas* decorations.
They're a bit slow ... ours have been up in town for 4 weeks or so ...

Bikeracer

I'm fed up of the NHS deciding treatment for people on the cost of such treatment.

Was watching the news this morning and it looks like drop in shelters are to be made available for heroin addicts to shoot up in safety,but what made me really angry was the statement that the NHS would provide the heroin for them to use.

Bit like alcoholics that can claim money to buy booze with.

Also really angry that the woman in charge of the Baby P fiasco is getting £600,000 for failing to do her job properly and letting a baby die :veryangry:

Dunno how this rewarding people for failure culture has come about,about time common sense prevailed.

I'd like to know what law I can break or damage I can cause that will get me thousands of pounds in a payout.

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Sprintex

Quote from: Bikeracer on October 30, 2013, 09:21:16 AM

... about time common sense prevailed.

Sorry, common sense was abolished in the 1980s ::) ;)

Paul

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations