Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

Cissie and Ada reunited again. There'll be many a laugh upstairs now.
RIP, Roy :(

daveg

RIP Peter Sallis, who has left us aged 96.

Brilliant in Last of the Summer Wine and irreplaceable as the voice of Wallace.

Fabulous run but still sad. Condolences to everyone who will miss him, including that Wonder Dog!

Dave G

austinbob

I concur. He always seemed a kind and gentle bloke. He'll be sadly missed.
:(
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Yet_Another

Unhappy with Hatton's IT systems.

I got a notification that a second hand HST coach I'm after was in stock, so I went and ordered it and another thing, just because I was there. Then their payment system stuffed up, and 24 hours later, I'm told the coach isn't in stock, and the payment for the other thing was refused. Not surprising, as I didn't provide the details.

So two phone calls and a cancelled order. Actually, three phone calls, because they phoned me about it just after I'd finished talking to them.

:(
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

daffy

Though this will affect my travel at times I think the website writer has a tiny bee in his bonnet about roadworks and speed cameras. I'm just happy they are resurfacing this busy road, and the fact that it is being done over the summer/autumn months makes good sense to me.

And most of the work will be done at night anyway.

Not that I will enjoy the diversions or traffic jams. ;)

Thanks for the heads up The Q. :thumbsup:
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

port perran

Grrrr.
Went into Benson's Beds this morning to order 2 single mattresses.
We knew which mattresses we wanted and the price so shop took all details saying they would be delivered on Friday.
So.....says the shop assistant that's an extra £47 for delivery.
No, no we say.....we'll collect them from the shop. What time will they be in on Friday?
Unbelievably they Cannot deliver to the shop only to home addresses!!
Apparently as there is often only one assistant in the shop they cant have orders delivered there for Health and Safety reasons!  Hard to believe.
Needless to say we'll start again and get the mattresses elsewhere.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Steamie+

That's a load of rubbish Martin, what's happing to our country, it's going stupid. We ordered a new sofa from Sofology last year and they wanted us to pay extra for delivery because we wanted it delivered at the weekend, needles to say we  :wave: ed them goodbye.

port perran

Quote from: port perran on June 09, 2017, 05:12:17 PM
Grrrr.
Went into Benson's Beds this morning to order 2 single mattresses.
We knew which mattresses we wanted and the price so shop took all details saying they would be delivered on Friday.
So.....says the shop assistant that's an extra £47 for delivery.
No, no we say.....we'll collect them from the shop. What time will they be in on Friday?
Unbelievably they Cannot deliver to the shop only to home addresses!!
Apparently as there is often only one assistant in the shop they cant have orders delivered there for Health and Safety reasons!  Hard to believe.
Needless to say we'll start again and get the mattresses elsewhere.
What a difference today.
Ordered the same two mattresses in a local store in Penryn. Slightly lower price, plus an extra discount for ordering two. Really excellent service.
Free delivery or we can pick them up.
Glad we waited till today.

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

dannyboy

That is nice to hear - local shop comes good. It seems that the bigger the company, the less the company cares about customer satisfaction. I don't know if the attitude is "we are too big to bother about one customer, as we have so many", but, as has been proved on this one forum, it is very easy to let a lot of people know about poor, (and good), customer service.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Steamie+

Agree with above.   :thumbsup:

Bealman

Top tip from latest Viz mag:

Turn your sofa into a sofa bed by simply forgetting your wife's birthday.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Steamie+

Did that with my 1st George...lol  :laugh3: :laugh3:

Ian Bowden

So many locos to buy - so little money  :'(

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30%