Guess the layouts

Started by Dorsetmike, July 29, 2014, 11:34:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

3 layouts taken at exhibitions,  2 N one 009 (had to make it a little difficult :D )

A1  [smg id=14362]

B1  [smg id=14365]

C1  [smg id=14359]

3 more pics of the same 3 layouts tomorrow evening, a further 3 on Thursday, post answers if/when you know them as A is xxxxxxxxxxx B is yyyyyyyyyyy etc. No prizes Any not guessed I will post answers Friday. Any additional info apart from name of the layout welcome, no prizes for guessing the exhibition nor year.  If it's your own layout hold off for a day or so to see if anybody else recognises it.

If anybody else wants to post similar next week fine, I can find a few more if needed. I have blacked out any names. If at all possible keep to N (or occasional 009)  If we start running low on layouts I do have some pics of layouts that I never took down the name (smacks legs) could always post one or two of them if all else fails.

In the pic C1 look very closely at the black item in the water for a chuckle.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Tank

Great idea!  :)

I couldn't name any of them, although they're very good layouts judging by the pictures.

Newportnobby

I don't recognise them, but how the heck did that sub get into the inlet? :goggleeyes:

DCCDave

Bizarrely I remembered the 009 layout, that conning tower is very memorable:

C - The Tarrant Valley

I know I've seen A before - name escapes me for now. Don't recognise B at all

Cheers
Dave

Dorsetmike

Correct on C Dave, although I'll still post the other 2 pics I have.

The river Tarrant Valley runs through part of Dorset, but never had a narrow gauge railway.

http://www.wimrail.org.uk/tvr.html
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Bealman

Well I know none of them are mine.  :D

Sorry. Lame reply before I turn in here in Aus.

It's a great idea, Dorsetmike.... looking forward to waking up to interesting stuff!

:thumbsup: George
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Dorsetmike

Next installment, same 3 layouts, different views

[smg id=14363]

[smg id=14366]

[smg id=14360], OK we know this is Tarrant Valley railway by the Wimborne club

I'll post third pics of each layout tomorrow evening, and if necessary  some other clues Friday; Answers, if not guessed by then, on Saturday

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

port perran

The only thing I've worked out is which one is the 009 layout.
Tis the one with the sub in the inlet as Mick suggests !
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Dorsetmike

Yep, love the TVR, lot of interesting and/or amusing cameos.

I'm surprised nobody has figured out the other two, not even a guess!

If you click on the images they show larger if that helps.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

DCCDave

Just spotted the water at the end of B in the second photograph....

I think it's Bishop Wearburn

Cheers
Dave

Dorsetmike

Final pics

A3
[smg id=14364]

A4
[smg id=14429]

An extra pic that might help, colour of coaches should narrow down the region, and the green single decker bus livery might be  distinctive to some. More clues tomorrow if needed.

B3
[smg id=14367]

The give away that Dave spotted , the bridge and water on Bishops Wearburn

C3
[smg id=14361]

End of the line on Tarrant  Valley.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Les1952

I know Bishop Wearburn quite well, John Spence being from my area, and I know it has now migrated to the South West (with Moorcock Junction).  Are the other two South West based also?

Les
(who apart from assisting with layouts at Taunton twice hasn't got further in that direction than Warley...)

Pengi

'Guess the layouts' is a super idea  :claphappy:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Dorsetmike

I know the Tarrant Valley is (or was) run by the Wimborne MRS, but not sure about ownership of  A, as you can see from the coaches it is set in BR(S) territory.

A and Bishops Wearburn were both photographed at the same show some years ago.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Dorsetmike

OK some clues for A if you click on he pics they do enlarge a bit.

In pic A4 have a closer look at the stock in the further platform particularly the ends of the vehicles nearly level with the chimney of the tank loco.

The Single decker green bus looks to me like a Southdown - roof and rear window are darker green.

The location is now one end of a preservation line and is connected to Network Rail.

In steam days it was sometimes used as a relief route when there were works on the main line from Waterloo.

More clues in a couple of hours if these don't give it away.

Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations