World Cup

Started by port perran, June 12, 2014, 08:32:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Agrippa

My pub is running a World Cup sweepstake, I drew Mexico. :(
Nothing is certain but death and taxes -Benjamin Franklin

Newportnobby

I'm selective in the matches I watch, but will definitely be watching Spain v Netherlands tonight. The big difference with me, I s'pose, is that I don't care who wins.
As for England - just watching them makes me angry so I don't bother :no:

Geoff

Ok come on own up who broke Adrien Chiles window, reports are coming in that it was thrown from an English couch.
Geoff

bridgiesimon

Not me but then it would have been a bloomin impressive shot from here in Somerset!!!

Simon

Agrippa

Quote from: Geoff on June 13, 2014, 10:24:11 AM
Ok come on own up who broke Adrien Chiles window, reports are coming in that it was thrown from an English couch.

Please don't mention that waffling buffoon again, it just gets me very annoyed (Like Carrie) :veryangry:

thebrighton

The World Cup is going well: England play the Netherlands in the semi final later today. What do you mean football, I thought we were talking hockey!
Gareth

Oldun

Have posted this video link here as it concerns (sort of) the world cup.

http://balls.ie/football/john-oliver-nails-fifa/

Good for a laugh even though he is right.

I have no intention of upsetting anyone, my apologies  :-X

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

oscar

If 'sport' is so popular give it it's own channels, paid for by the fanatics, leaving proper telly for the majority of viewers........ >:(

Newportnobby

Quote from: Geoff on June 13, 2014, 10:24:11 AM

And there was me thinking they'd taken the money and not carried out the task >:D
Actually, it's quite difficult to throw accurately from a couch :hmmm:

Trainfish

Quote from: oscar on June 13, 2014, 07:40:54 AM
The papers said power would dip at half-time when all the half a million kettles were switched on; not a very big percentage for all that televised and printed rubbish, then? (Out of over 60 million.)

Since when has beer been stored in a kettle?  ???
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Calnefoxile

Quote from: Oldun on June 13, 2014, 12:42:46 PM
Have posted this video link here as it concerns (sort of) the world cup.

http://balls.ie/football/john-oliver-nails-fifa/

Good for a laugh even though he is right.

I have no intention of upsetting anyone, my apologies  :-X

Roger

Roger,

Thanks for posting that, I thoroughly enjoyed it, not that the yanks would have understood a word of it though  ;) ;)

The funniest bit for me was at about 4 mins 55secs in when he says  "what Budwieser reflectively insist on calling beer" made me chuckle  :D :D

Cheers

Neal.

Trainfish

Why can I not see the video then? The page loads but there's a space where the video should be. I searched for it elsewhere and found it here too but same again, a white space where the video should be  >:(
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Oldun

Tried them both, work OK for me.

Roger
Never take Life too serious, we are never going to make it out alive

Chocolate comes from cocoa which is a tree ... that makes it a plant which means ... chocolate is Salad !!!

Paul B

Quote from: Agrippa on June 13, 2014, 08:46:25 AM
My pub is running a World Cup sweepstake, I drew Mexico. :(

My office is running a World Cup sweepstake - I drew Greece...  :worried:

(not that I could care less - it is for a bit of fun!  :) )
LNER and PKP fan in the home of the GWR!

Agrippa

My sweep team Mexico just  beat Cameroon despite 2 goals disallowed.

:claphappy:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations