What job do you do?

Started by guest2, June 28, 2011, 09:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gooders

Been working in IT for the past 30+ years.  :sleep:

Steve
I wanted to invent an engine that could run for ever. I could have developed a new train had I stayed in the railway. It would have looked like the AK-47 though. - Mikhail Kalashnikov

N Gauge Bob

Quote from: owl729 on July 15, 2011, 11:23:04 PM
Quote from: N Gauge Bob on July 15, 2011, 07:18:10 AM
Full time carer for severely disabled wife (Thanks NHS!!). Prior to that military electronic component Sales Manager and then owner of 3 companies.....Electronic component distribution, building company and decorating company. Spent last 16 years looking after 'er indoors, modelling N gauge and being taxi driver to grandkids!!!

Just wanted to say all the best to you and your wife Bob. Kindest Regards OwL :thumbsup:

Thanks Owl. It was a moderately simple op and they said one in a million chance of problems.
Hey..she's one in a million  :)
Cheers
Bob
Remember this:
Amateurs..............built the Ark!
Professionals........built the Titanic!

Fratton

I'm a doorman when im not a full time dad to my dissabled son,,,
Charlie.

Mustermark

Quote from: poliss on July 16, 2011, 01:46:33 AM
Wasn't for Abbott Laboratories was it? I did 20 years with them.  :thumbsdown: Even murderers don't get that long a sentance.  :'(

Never worked for Abbott (yet anyway).  Worked for UCB-Celltech when I was in the UK working on a drug for arthritis and Crohn's.  Currently working for a contract company.  Recently have had no time to be on the forum working long days manufacturing a drug for trials in multiple sclerosis.  Even when the job is tough it keeps me going knowing we're making something that might help people.  My trains are my escape though - keeps me sane... as sane as I can be anyhow.

http://www.marksmodelrailway.com
I'm a personality prototype... you can tell, can't you.

cookiescrumble

I work at ASDA full time aswell as running a business with my brother full time. Thats probably why I have no time for trains....  :thumbsdown:

steamerdave

I work for UPS as a Driver Trainer (HGV) been there for the last 17 years and at the moment concentrating on the Driver CPC qualifications.

Fratton

Quote from: steamerdave on July 16, 2011, 08:48:34 PM
I work for UPS as a Driver Trainer (HGV) been there for the last 17 years and at the moment concentrating on the Driver CPC qualifications.

My dad was doing that last year for the co-op (now norbert dressingtable)
Charlie.

painbrook

i'm just a singer in a rock and roll band  ;), sadly was never on telly :(  cheers john

Newportnobby

Quote from: Fratton on July 16, 2011, 08:59:47 PM
Quote from: steamerdave on July 16, 2011, 08:48:34 PM

My dad was doing that last year for the co-op (now norbert dressingtable)

Love it :smiley-laughing: :smiley-laughing:

REFaust

I work at the London Film School in the Cinematography department, looking after the lights and stages etc as well as teaching students how to use them safely, which can sometimes be tricky  ;D

It's quite interesting as well as being convenient for me for where I live, and the long holidays certainly come in handy  :thumbsup:

R E Faust

:Class37: :Carriage:

londonboi1985

i work for london underground have been employed there for 4half years absoloutly love it love working ith trains

Sithlord75

Secondary School teacher teaching A Level Ancient History and O Level History and English in the middle of Queensland for another 16 weeks before, having finished 4 years, transfering back to Burpengary, north of Brisbane and teaching similar subjects down there.  Not sure of the school or the timetable yet - find out in September.

Other than that, Dad of 4 girls and Husband of another!
Kevin Knight
"Do or do not - there is no try"

My blog thingo can be found here: http://www.sithlordsrailwayblog.blogspot.com

Crackerbill

I spent 25 years in the Royal Air Force, then 17 years in Customs and Excise.  Now retired from the hurley burley fo some 11 years, I wonder however I fitted work into my schedule?   

kirky

Quote from: Sithlord75 on August 12, 2011, 11:56:56 AM
Secondary School teacher teaching A Level Ancient History and O Level History and English in the middle of Queensland for another 16 weeks before, having finished 4 years, transfering back to Burpengary, north of Brisbane and teaching similar subjects down there.  Not sure of the school or the timetable yet - find out in September.
I was about to ask if I am the only teacher on here? Obviously not.
Kirky
Northallerton will make its next public appearance will be at Perth model railway show https://smet.org.uk/show/layouts/
June 24/25 2023.

Layout: Northallerton: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=1671.msg16930#msg16930

www.northallertonngauge.co.uk

Cleveland Model Railway club website: www.clevelandmrc.club

londonboi1985

am i the only railway worker ?????? surley not

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations