The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

One consolation Chris, you should get your fee for the 24 hour delivery refunded - and ask them for the cost of your phone calls.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

lil chris

We used to have a saying in the motor trade the customer who complains is still possibly a customer. Some customers do not complain and they just go somewhere else. I did send a message to Rails on thier website, they have never replied so much for customer service.Of course they will say they are busy it's xmas, but how many customers will they lose.
Lil Chris
My new layout  East Lancashire Railway
My old layout was Irwell Valley Railway.
Layout previous was East Lancashire Lines, changed this new one. My new layout here.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57193.0

Trainfish

Quote from: lil chris on December 14, 2019, 09:03:11 PM
............ the customer who complains is still possibly a customer. Some customers do not complain and they just go somewhere else.

Probably the best statement ever. Chris, this just needs a little fine-tuning  for a good catchphrase so others can catch on to it.
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

@stevewalker
Just to bear out Steve's post, the saga with Preston Hospital continued yesterday. It would appear when Mum finally escaped their clutches Friday night at 20.35 she did not have a critical med as the pharmacy had shut at 17.00. I got a message yesterday lunchtime to call the ward sister after 14.00 to arrange for me to go and collect said critical med, to which I replied she either phoned me or sent the meds by courier. I called again at 15.30 and again at 17.05 (after the pharmacy had shut) and was told someone was doing the rounds with meds the pharmacy had got out before closing. Finally got a call from the ward sister at about 17.35 so off to the hospital I went. Got to the ward and the sister was doing her rounds so I kicked my heels until an hour later. She meted out the exact amount of critical anti-biotic and I got back to Mum for about 19.05. There we discovered we were 2 pills short so Mum could not take any last night but had to wait until today to start taking them.
I got home at 19.40 having been at Mums since 13.00. Tired, angry and hungry but couldn't be bothered to do/eat anything.
For anyone who wants to look it up, Mum has been diagnosed with Diverticulosis (but they're not entirely sure)

daveg

That has to be so frustrating for you and more than uncomfortable for your mum. Wishing her better very soon.

Hope you get things sorted PDQ but would strongly suggest you make a formal complaint to whatever patients body there is at the hospital.

We all appreciate that there is too much work for far too few front line staff at almost every hospital but it's vital that they know they are affecting people so badly.

Tell your newly (re)elected MP also of the problem and make sure he/she gives you a sensible reply.

All the best!

Dave G

crewearpley40

Stay positive mick. Thinking of your mum

Bob Tidbury

I think each Hospital should be run by the Matron of the Hospital .It used to work very well like that as each Matron knew what their hospital needed now it's run by a central system some hospitals don't have the equipment or staff to manage whereas other hospitals have things that they don't really need or use .
For example High Wycombe Hospital had a perfectly good maternity unit but now expectant mothers have to travel about 20 miles to Stoke Mandevile while the Wycombe unit remains empty and unused except for a birthing pool .
I know this will cause some response and only used this as one example .
I wish your Mum a speedy recovery Mick give her our regards and best wishes
Bob  and Val Tidbury

thebrighton

Quote from: Bob Tidbury on December 15, 2019, 10:54:00 AM

For example High Wycombe Hospital had a perfectly good maternity unit but now expectant mothers have to travel about 20 miles to Stoke Mandevile while the Wycombe unit remains empty and unused except for a birthing pool .

Ditto in Eastbourne. You can give birth in Eastbourne but it has to be a text book birth as there is no longer any back up. At the first hint of anything you have to go to Hastings. The place of birth for most newborns from Eastbourne is now "somewhere on the A259 on route"!

guest311

:hmmm:  Matron .....

she who even consultants stood in dread of  :smiley-laughing:

you do realise that would mean putting 'doers' in charge rather than 'think they know it alls' ?

might even mean less administrators  :thumbsup:

remember a few years ago I mistakenly addressed a 'sister' as such, to be told

"I am not a sister, I am a nursing manager"

didn't like my response of 'sorry, but you know what they say, those that can, do, those that can't, manage'

dannyboy

Hope your Mum goes on okay Mick and that the diverticulitis is not too bad.  All this talk of Matrons and Managers etc makes me think of one thing - it is what they call progress.  :no:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

RailGooner

Mick, best wishes for your Mum.

Matron always ensured that the wards were clean at least. Not an insignificant thing in a hospital I'd have thought.

While working at one of the hospitals here in Oxford, I once moved a computer to find at the back of it, a brick of dust 4" deep and perfectly matching the width and height of said computer. Nobody wanted to take ownership of the problem, not the Ward Manager, Senior Nurse, anybody. Some even questioned what I was doing moving the computer in the first place! NHS Managers only manage budgets, not services!

guest311

"Matron always ensured that the wards were clean at least. Not an insignificant thing in a hospital I'd have thought."

probably tempting fate here, but I have only, so far - fingers crossed, been in two hospitals...

RAF Cosford
RAF Wroughton

both in days, long ago, before various governments decided to flog them all off and rent an NHS wing off a trust.

wards were spotless, from memory all beds and lockers from one side moved into centre of the ward, floor cleaned and polished, beds and lockers back, then repeated for the other side, finally when all was back in place centre cleaned and polished.

daily.

sister in charge, with SRNs, SENs, student nurses under her.
patients 'encouraged' to be out of bed and in the recreation room at the end of the ward as soon as they were fit to do so.

matron's rounds, you either stood to attention by your bed, sat to attention by your bed, or lay to attention in your bed, depending on how ill you were.

she was, possibly, one place below God, but no one was willing to confirm or deny that.

nursing care was superb, and you often had civilians in the wards when local hospitals were over run.
not of course an option now, as all sold off in the name of 'efficiency', once MPs and so on got their BUPA membership.

I very much doubt that you could ever recover that morale and dedication again, though happily you do find remnants of it here and there.

don't get me wrong, SWMBO has had great service generally over the years, but even the most dedicated of staff can only do so much.

one last point before I bore you all to death ...

when I was on the AA I had a breakdown at the local hospital, a nurse, and while chatting it turned out she had recently been made redundant off a particular ward, and finished on a friday.
on the monday she was back on the same ward as an agency nurse, much the same pay, but not allowed to do many of the things she had the week before because she was not staff, and had been there for several months.
of course the agency were also making a charge for supplying her, so she effectively cost more, but could do less ...

but, I assume, a different budget  :veryangry:

stevewalker

A two-parter, but connected both to each other and to the ills of the NHS.

Part one. On Friday my eldest son was assaulted by another lower sixth pupil on his way to the bus after school. This idiot has been needling him for some time and my son has ignored it or told him to leave him alone. This time, after telling him yet again (not too politely) to leave him alone and walking off, he was jumped from behind, slamming him into a parked truck and onto the floor, spraining his ankle and injuring his hand and then repeatedly kicked while he was on the floor, leaving him unable to attend music practice and the end of term party afterwards. Also leaving him unable to help me with DIY that we need to get finished in time for Christmas.

Part two. Suspecting a possible fracture of one of his fingers, I took him to the Urgent Care Centre, where, despite a full waiting room and us seeing the sign changed from 4-1/2 to 5 hours wait, he was actually seen fairly quickly; sent for x-ray; and seen again (total, less than two hours, so we were very happy with that). He was strapped up and then we were then directed to reception to get an appointment for the fracture clinic - only to get home, look at the appointment letter, and find that he'd been given an appointment for 05/12/2019! How can the system even allow that? The phone numbers on the letter don't work over the weekend either.

Yet again, good care, but poor organisation/administration.

guest311

hope he is at least ok for now.

but as you say, how can the system allow this....

and again, as so often, great service and care from front line staff...

but ...

:poop: once you get anywhere near 'administration'.

hopefully he's not as bad as feared, but equally hopefully you can get this sorted monday.

but you shouldn't need to  :veryangry:

stevewalker

Quote from: class37025 on December 15, 2019, 11:18:10 PM
hope he is at least ok for now.

but as you say, how can the system allow this....

and again, as so often, great service and care from front line staff...

but ...

:poop: once you get anywhere near 'administration'.

hopefully he's not as bad as feared, but equally hopefully you can get this sorted monday.

but you shouldn't need to  :veryangry:

Indeed.

He's not bad at all now and the fracture is minor. The appointment will be easily resolved.

He'll get a lift to school tomorrow (because of the sprained ankle) and we'll pay for a taxi from school to work at the end of the day (I pick him up from work anyway).

The visit to the school on Monday (more pay lost for me) and the results of that will be interesting though. The idiot involved is lucky that we didn't just call the police.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations