The angry thread

Started by findus, March 29, 2011, 09:42:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Great work for a new team I suppose.  Still, we knew the first match would be a breeze.  ;)  Just kidding, both matches were close calls.  I did think we deserved to win today, as we had the edge.

scotsoft

Quote from: Tank on February 11, 2012, 06:11:17 PM
I did think we deserved to win today, as we had the edge.

Does he not play in U2?  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:  :smiley-laughing:

Quote from: Lawrence on February 11, 2012, 06:07:31 PM
I can't believe England have won their first 2 matches  :o

Bulging brown envelopes  :evil:  :smiley-laughing:

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Lawrence on February 11, 2012, 06:07:31 PM
I can't believe England have won their first 2 matches  :o

Well if the Scots could catch or kick they wouldn't have 8-P
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Lawrence

Unfortunately Parks retired 1 game too late, the Scots were ill disciplined, gave away too many penalties and suffered too many unforced errors.

They will atone for that tomorrow Alan  ;)

Tank

Quote from: Lawrence on February 11, 2012, 07:49:51 PM

Maybe, but thanks for the Calcutta Cup. ;D  Until next time..... :smiley-laughing:

Trainfish

Quote from: Lawrence on February 11, 2012, 07:49:51 PM

Oops, maybe not then
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

EtchedPixels

'fraid not 8)

Although it was actually good to see that Scotland remembered how to play the game in the second half. It's been far far too long, and hopefully they'll now get some wins in the later games.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Lawrence

Bloomin good game though, I think they should use the sin bin like they do in ice hockey, so if you are down to 14 men and the opposition scores a try, you get the man back on.  Thought the ref was poor for both sides though, vive la differance my bahookie  >:(

Fratton

Not angry as such (yet) but doing an early spring clean on the yard and have found some failed wired fishplates so I'm currently cooking my fingers with a soldering iron putting some emergency droppers in,ought get carried away and put in a redundancy system,,,,
Charlie.

EtchedPixels

I'd like to take a moment to nominate Hornby/Arnold for the 'taking the proverbial' engineering award.

The Arnold ICE3 set has a pair of 6pin DCC sockets and plugs.

Now there are lots of places you could put them but in this case they are on the bottom of a PCB facing the underside of the loco.

Is there a plate on the bottom to gain access - no

To change the decoder plugs and fit a decoder I had to

- Remove the top body
- Slide a screw driver down behind the metal chassis block clips to the bottom moulding
- Remove that (carefully and part way as there is a wire through it
- Remove  the bogies and towers (and on the motor coach this also disengages the drive shafts
- Remove the PCB (carefully its on short wires to the motor)
- Fit the decoder

Reverse the entire process including threading the drive shafts back in.

The bright side is that there is going to be room for sound in the trailing car. The downside is I'm going to have to repeat the entire process to fit it.

Oh yes and the inter-vehicle couplers are even more inane than the Kato Eurostar, so its not a model you can keep putting away. Hornby do graciously give you *one* spare small sharp pointy and easy to lose coupler however - in a little non resealable bag to ensure it gets lost in the box once you've opened it.

Alan

4x2

That reminds me of a Linde (German made) forklift i worked on once....

Part of the service is to change the spark plugs (gas engine) - I had to remove the alternator to get to No 4....!

Took me an hour to change one spark plug... >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  and i had two more of the *******  to do before i went home.... :thumbsdown:

So I know how you feel EP ! By the way, the ICE 3 looks great - it's worth the effort !  ;D
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Jack

My Dapol Class 58 has just burnt out - 10 days out of guarantee!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(  >:( >:( The only good thing was that it didn't take the decoder with it.   

That's only the fourth Dapol unit I've had that hasn't got past the first year. I've had three HST sets that didn't get past four months before they smoked or just packed up!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( Straight back to Hattons/Rails for refunds they went with no quibbles from either of them, just quick refunds.

The 58 came from Kernow Model Railway Centre and some how I think all I'm going to get is a "sorry try BR Lines" when after I've taken a 50 mile round trip. At least I can get a cuppa while I'm down that way, my eldest daughter lives within walking distance of the shop.

I wouldn't mind so much if I ran my stock a full speed but I don't. It can't just be a Dapol thing can it, after all, I've got second hand farish units that run sweet as nuts.

NOT a happy bunny!!! >:( >:(

Rant over

Jack

PS. Who ever thought of the Angry Thread - take a pat on the back
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

EddieA

Some (expletive!) recently managed to hit the back bumper of my car in a public car park, leaving a small but perfectly formed indentation in it. Of course they obviously didn't have a pen or bit of paper with them to leave their details! Decided today to try to repair it only to discover that Halfords don't do my colour as a standard. Good news is that they can supply it as a 'special mix'. Bad news - it is going to cost well over a fiver more for the service.

I'll be looking around for somewhere else that does auto paints first.
"I owe the discovery of Uqbar to the meeting of a mirror and an encyclopaedia".
(Jorge Luis Borges - 'El jardin de senderos que se bifurcan' 1941)

longbridge

Australian Roads :evil: :evil: :evil:

First reason for being angry, first day on holidays last week with my caravan parked in a McDonalds carpark a truck hit my caravan and put a 6ft long 3/4in deep groove in the side of my caravan and then drove off :evil:

Later tha same day there was a major accident on the highway and traffic heading south was redirected around some back roads, we saw a sign saying Pacific Hwy 27km so made the turn onto the road, after about 10km the tarmac road turned into gravel and on a bend the gravel had built up and when the car hit the gravel it was like driving on marbles.

The car and caravan started fishtailing and eventually the caravan went down a 3ft deep gutter and rolled over on a 45 degree angle with the back wheels of the car off the ground, I nearly took a fit when I got out of the car and saw it laying on its side with the underneath totally exposed.

I tried to get the caravan off ther car but it wouldnt budge, only thing left was to say a prayer, we were blocking the road with no prospect of traffic coming any time soon, with a mighty heave with a large screwdriver I found the extra strength to release the car and headed off to get help, a small truck was coming in thew opposite direction so I flagged the bloke down and asked him if he had any rope, no worries mate I'll see you at your car, I tied the rope to the axle of the caravan and to the towbar on my car and with smoking tyres I tipped the van back onto its wheels.

To my amazement the was very little damage to the exterior but inside the stove/oven had shot out of its place and landed on the opposite side of the van, after much tidying up we eventually got to where we were going and thankfully the only thing not working was the stove as the gas pipe had broken.

So yes I am very angry that the NSW roads department can put a massive green and silver sign pointing to a highway only to find that it runs into a bush track, as for the Mc Donalds incident I would love to get the mongrel who drove off after hitting my van. :evil:

Well thats my moan for this week, only one week left on the holiday and the caravan park is located right beside the Main North Coast Railway line, trouble is all the bloody trains seem to run at night so still cranky. :evil:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

Newportnobby

Oh my hat - you're meant to be having a break from all the stuff everyday life throws at us :o

I hope the rest of your hols is free from incident and that you can relax (safe in the knowledge all our sympathies are with you) :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations