Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zwilnik and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

Bealman

That sounds horrible. I've had a rough year health wise, still in a boot and on crutches, but what you describe is awful.

It sounds like it is going to be a long recovery.

Best wishes.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Capri_sam

Jeez, that's awful. My stepdad came off his bike quite badly a couple of weeks before my wedding on his way to pick up his suit. He was filtering and just wobbled - claimed he was only doing 15mph but broke a silly number of bones in various places. It was a blessing in disguise though - the X-Ray of his collar bone showed a rare tumour which they managed to catch very early as a result, it likely wouldn't have been spotted until it was too late if he hadn't had the accident. A far from ideal way to find out though! Best wishes to your friend for a full recovery. Any link to the fundraiser site?

Papyrus

I've no wish to spread unnecessary alarm and despondency (necessary alarm and despondency is a different thing) but a garden centre down the road is putting up its Christmas decorations.

All together, now... bah, humbug! >:(

Cheers,

Chris

Bealman

It's even worse at the Antipodes.... the weather starts to get hot into boot!  ;D
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

dannyboy

Quote from: Papyrus on September 10, 2019, 11:10:16 AM
a garden centre down the road is putting up its Christmas decorations.

I did buy some mince pies in Asda last Saturday.  :-[ (But as I like mince pies, I am not complaining  :))
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

The Q

My sailing Companion has been moved to The Norfolk and Norwich  Hospital , now he's in less danger. So I've been for a visit.
the full list of injuries are,
Fractured skull, the impact ripped the front of the filp front helmet off.
Broken right wrist and hand, now pinned and wired up and in plaster.
Broken right Femur, several pins in..
fractured pelvis,
Broken right ankle now pinned and held in a, made to measure holder.

The pot hole on a bend was about 18 inches long 6 inches wide and 4 inches deep, the council has known about it for 3 months, with the markings for the repair to say fix it are wearing off!!

There is further road surface failure for about another 20ft..

The police have investigated and said he will not be prosecuted for dangerous driving, it was an accident he could not avoid..

dannyboy

Errr, he will not be prosecuted  :goggleeyes: What about the Council if they were already aware?  ??? I would advise your friend to speak to a Solicitor - when he is well enough! Hope he continues to improve.
David.

Delboy

Quote from: dannyboy on September 10, 2019, 01:57:43 PM
Errr, he will not be prosecuted  :goggleeyes: What about the Council if they were already aware?  ??? I would advise your friend to speak to a Solicitor - when he is well enough! Hope he continues to improve.

This!!
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Phoenix

I do wish your friend well after such a traumatic accident.

We have a terrible problem here with the Weymouth tramway. So many cyclists get their wheels caught in the tracks, and although the council are well aware of this, no resolution can be found.

The track belongs to the railway, the land it is on belongs to the council, and neither will take any responsibility for it  :thumbsdown:

I hope your friend can get a result, but more importantly have a speedy recovery.

All best wishes

Kevin

:beers:

Skyline2uk

Quote from: dannyboy on September 10, 2019, 01:57:43 PM

Absolutely and completely agree.

Whilst I am ready to mock "Ambulance Chasers", this in no way falls into that category.

The council needs to be held accountable for this slapdash attitude.

It puts my cycle tire incidents very much in perspective.

I wish your friend @The Q well.

Skyline2uk

Newportnobby

If my brother-in-law can successfully sue the council for a BMW alloy wheel (£800) then I suggest your friend can do far better than that when he's feeling more up to it

guest311

unfortunately, round here the council only 'check' the roads once a year, apparently. this complies, according to them, with their responsibility to 'regularly' inspect roads.

the normal procedure, as I've seen it applied around here, is ignore checking roads, if some member of the public does their job for them and reports a pothole etc, then a few weeks or so later someone will go and spray a white line round it, assuming it 'meets their requirements for a repair'.

of course the paint is soon worn off, but presumably a photo is taken to prove they have marked the hazard.

then some time later a contractor will turn up, shovel some tarmac into the hole, back the lorry over it flatten it, and foxtrot oscar, job done.

of course by now what may have been a 6 inch round and 1 inch deep pothole is probably a couple of feet across and up to 3 or 4 inches deep.

and as soon as there is a bit of rain and a frost, the whole cycle starts again.

:censored: councils

The Q

Contrary to yesterdays post in the happy thread, my sailing compatriot didn't escape the hospital yesterday... He's caught an infection, he sounded very rough on the phone last night... Dangerous places these hospitals.. they make you sick...

Newportnobby

Yep. They won't let you in with an infection but are quite happy to let you out with one :unimpressed:

dannyboy

Keighley & Worth Valley Railway.

When I visited last year I bought myself a couple of wagons. I visited last Wednesday whilst on holiday over in the UK. Had a good look round in the shop but could find no n gauge stuff. I asked the man behind the counter about n gauge and got the reply, "We stopped doing that". And to make matters worse, there were no trains running!  :( . If any one intends visiting - no n gauge and make sure you look at the timetable before you go!
David.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35% 
April Donations