Southern Nouveau an essay in concrete

Started by exmouthcraig, January 11, 2017, 08:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kerrcophony

OK, it looks like the revised and expanded version is happening!  Southernboy was right.  Irwell Press announces:

Well here we are a month into the New Year and two more stunning books to look forward to. They will be on sale for the first time at the BRM Festival of Railway Modelling at the Alexandra Palace 25 and 26 March. Southern Nouveau was a small paperback produced three decades ago. Irwell Press have now collated the story of the Exmouth Junction Concrete Works, its early beginnings and the development of its products. From humble components to stations and new lines, from Art Nouveau to Art Deco, the story is explained in detail with many photos and original drawings. Get your copy of Southern Nouveau - And the Lineside at the show

See more info at: https://www.irwellpress.com/acatalog/SOUTHERN_RAILWAY.html

This time instead of 48 pages, it's 400!  I'm so looking forward to this.
I get a bit delayed in the Waiting Room

longbow

So at 400 pages this promises to be not just a reprint but a grand exposition on SR lineside architecture in the manner of Adrian Vaughn's mammoth modeller's bible on the GWR.

Just pre-ordered mine from Amazon. 

Southernboy

Wonderful news Mr kerrcophony, thanks for the alert, much appreciated and I'll be getting my order in early :)

kerrcophony

For anyone who hasn't yet got a copy of the revised, expanded and wonderful book, I must warn you that it's already "Out Of Print" and unavailable at the publishers.  Amazon still have a couple of copies at RRP, but hurry if you want one!
I get a bit delayed in the Waiting Room

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations