Accessing the forum on a tablet

Started by Newportnobby, September 30, 2019, 02:12:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Oh, ok... I did see that post, but it's not a language I'm all that familiar with  :worried:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

njee20

Mine often loads in the mobile view, but refreshing it reverts it to the desktop view. Cookie expiry must be very short, it's not when you close the browser. Of no consequence though.

PaulCheffus

Hi

I've had it switch to mobile view from desktop whilst going back to the unread list on my iPad.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

port perran

Yes, I prefer the desktop version.
Works better for me than the mobile one.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

REGP

My iPad always open the Forum in Mobile format but hitting the Desktop button for the view I want I not a problem just a minor anoiance.

Ray

Trainfish

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 01, 2019, 09:56:50 AM
Quote from: Trainfish on September 30, 2019, 10:32:15 PM
What sort of tablet are you on Mick?

Not so much a tablet as a heat seeking suppository! :worried: :worried:

I certainly know that "feeling". Anyway, moving on...............
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Bealman

When I just went to read this, me phone turned red on me again.

That makes me turn red  :veryangry:

railsquid

Personally I'd love it if there were some user option in the forum software along the lines of "always show desktop version regardless of device". It's not too annoying but I've never found a way of getting it to always come up as the desktop version on my phone.

tutenkhamunsleeping

In Safari on Apple devices this ongoing niggle has gone away for me since iOS 13.  In settings under Safari there's an option to request desktop versions for ALL websites. Although not specific to this forum, it does make it a lot less irritating for me :thumbsup:

njee20

iOS 13 has broken 'tap to zoom' though, which I use most on this website! Hoping Apple fix that soon, it's annoying!

Bealman

Enjoy, because your post turned up red again  :veryangry:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations