Swearing On The Forum

Started by Tank, February 13, 2021, 10:34:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jon898

I'm reminded of a former colleague in Paris who tried to describe an incompetent designer as someone who couldn't tell his âne from his coude.  Not surprisingly, our french co-workers just looked puzzled.

Jon

grumbeast

Personally I love swearing, but just out-loud, so I don't on the forum and find it just lovely that the written word can be so much more civilized thank spoken. So I'm super happy to have no swearing on here at all, besides this is about trains, something we all LOVE (one would presume) so I think we can find better words to talk about our shared passion.

G.

weave

Quote from: PGN on March 29, 2021, 03:08:02 PM
Quote from: Trainfish on March 29, 2021, 02:08:02 PM
:laughabovepost:

You have a PM  :thumbsup:

Thank you, TrainFish.

They are, of course, two of the three English professional football clubs with rude words in their names.

If you cannot figure out the third, you'll have to PM me for enlightenment ...

Uddersfeeled Town?

Newportnobby

Quote from: Jon898 on March 29, 2021, 05:22:32 PM
I'm reminded of a former colleague in Paris who tried to describe an incompetent designer as someone who couldn't tell his âne from his coude.  Not surprisingly, our french co-workers just looked puzzled.

Jon

I love things like that, where an English saying which means absolutely nothing to a foreigner is literally translated. Another one is "Je suis toutes oreilles" :D

Trainfish

And maybe the team who play at the Mazuma stadium?
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

See my latest Youtube video                          >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
See a random video of mine                           >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<         
An even older random video of mine             >>>>>>>> here <<<<<<<<

GAD

Quote from: GrahamB on March 27, 2021, 08:12:37 AM
I typed "work" once. But I think I got away with it.

Filthy swine, go was your computer keyboard out with carbolic and water.

Meanwhile what about typing real names, like 'male chicken' (changed by forum) O' the North?

GAD

Quote from: GAD on January 31, 2022, 10:50:51 AM

Meanwhile what about typing real names, like 'male chicken' (changed by forum) O' the North?

So I typed the correct name and got the above, I'm not impressed.

GAD

Quote from: Only Me on January 31, 2022, 11:04:08 AM
Quote from: GAD on January 31, 2022, 10:52:25 AM
Quote from: GAD on January 31, 2022, 10:50:51 AM

So I typed the correct name and got the above, I'm not impressed.

Your point being?

On a free forum? ......

Sounds like you are being a bit of a 'male chicken' yourself 🤷🏼

Thanks for that. I bow to your self knowledge!

Trainfish

I'm still trying to decide whether to report that last post for manipulation of the rules  >:D
John

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

guest311

shouldn't you be drawing pints in the B-i-t-c-h Barn  :D

Trainfish

That's a bit difficult as I'm in here

John

<*))))><

railsquid

Aha, so that is how you get inside the Queen's head.

Let's see how this forum deals with: "the railway line runs across the top of a dike, or dyke" (both legitimate spellings of the landscape structure).
"Forum automation detected stupidity..."

"Forum algorithms determined text is good"

(Edit: OK, it works; another model railway forum silently removed both spellings, which is IMHO asinine).

OffshoreAlan

The ... pen is ... mightier than the sword

PLD

Quote from: OffshoreAlan on February 01, 2022, 12:00:08 PM
The ... pen is ... mightier than the sword
Isn't a Pen a female swan? Presumably to go with the "large male chicken"  ;)

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £67.34
Below Goal: £32.66
Site Currency: GBP
67% 
March Donations