worsley works class 142 pacer kit?

Started by andygall, January 13, 2012, 12:17:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

andygall

Hi,

i'm looking at buying acouple of these and was wondering if any1 on here has built one?

http://www.worsleyworks.co.uk/N/n_gauge_142.htm

what other bits were used for the chassis/motor setup?

thanks for any help given.

Andy.

red_death

I held off buying one as Dapol have one coming this year.  No idea how you would motorise it with such a long 4-wheel chassis.

Cheers, Mike

polo2k

take a look at the Kato DRC3.
around 490 quid delivered from the US, beautiful runner, short bogies and all you need to do is get a motor somewhere near the middle of the floor (in all 3 axis) then hook up the supplied driveshafts to the motor.

I had mine plogging round 10" curves at 24"/min
Cheers
-Ash-

The only way to guarantee failure, is not to try

red_death

polo2k

I was confused there lol.

just googed it and that should be a problem to build, take a look at the kato shorty chassis, then cut and lengthen it. shouldnt take more than a couple of hours once you have it sussed.

outer details will take time though
Cheers
-Ash-

EtchedPixels

Quote from: polo2k on January 13, 2012, 01:59:33 PM
I was confused there lol.

just googed it and that should be a problem to build, take a look at the kato shorty chassis, then cut and lengthen it. shouldnt take more than a couple of hours once you have it sussed.

outer details will take time though

Shorty splitting is hard as the four wheel one is powered both ends. it's also mostly between the wheels (a pacer is fairly empty down there in comparison).  A pair of cut down shorty units might work, or building a long bogie for the middle four wheels. Either looked hard and with the Dapol one pending it's why I skipped buying a Worsley 142 in the end.

Nice body though, I've seen one made up and it looks the part.
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

andygall

yeah i think i'll buy one and see what happens!

yeah but the release date has already been put back to the end of the year, then how much is it gonna be???

thanks all.

Andy.

polo2k

Quote from: EtchedPixels on January 13, 2012, 02:30:21 PM
l one is powered both ends. it's also mostly between the wheels (a pacer is fairly empty down there in comparison).  A pair of cut down shorty units might work, or building a long bogie for the middle four wheels. Either looked hard and with the Dapol one pending it's why I skipped buying a Worsley 142 in the end.

Is that a challenge? will you do etched sides if I can supply the chassis?
Im pretty confident on this one ;)
Cheers
-Ash-

EtchedPixels

Quote from: polo2k on January 14, 2012, 01:56:18 AM
Quote from: EtchedPixels on January 13, 2012, 02:30:21 PM

Is that a challenge? will you do etched sides if I can supply the chassis?
Im pretty confident on this one ;)

Confused - Allen at Worsley does the body why would I do one as well ?
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations