The PETER CHARLES FAGG competition

Started by Newportnobby, May 01, 2018, 11:31:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dannyboy

Quote from: Zogbert Splod on May 01, 2018, 07:19:27 PM
:thankyousign: Very well done to all concerned with coming up with this. It's a really nice way to commemorate a really nice person.

The posts I see on this thread already are an indicator of the class of the membership.  I, for one, am proud to be a small part of it.

Regards, Allan.....

I totally agree with Allans sentiments. I only knew Peter for a relatively brief period of time and only through his posts, but he came across as a true gentleman. This is a fitting tribute to the man.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Papyrus

I agree that this is splendid idea and a perfect way to remember Peter.

I don't feel I would be able to produce anything worthy of the man, but good luck to all entrants and I hope we see some brilliant photos.

Cheers,

Chris

Chetcombe

Great idea, I am sure Peter would approve. I look forward to pics from the tour :camera:

I should know this, but why was Peter a 'Man of Kent' rather than a 'Kentish Man'...
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

weave

Hi NPN,

Fantastic idea and a great tribute to a great man.

Now, do you think he'd mind if the coaches came over to France on the trainferry? I've got a Belgian loco for the pic if that's a better option.

I miss him.

weave.

Graham

of course if an Antipodean did win, maybe the coaches could do the rounds of layouts down under before returning back to blighty. A bit like a royal visit.

so go for it @Bealman George.

Caz

A lovely way to remember the perfect gentleman that Peter was and sadly missed.
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Webbo

A very interesting way to run a competition and to honour Peter. I never met Peter and only knew him by his posts, but he did come across as a genuinely nice person and his loss is the world's loss. I would very much like to participate in the comp, but I'm afraid that postal costs between Oz and the UK will preclude that. If I happened to become a recipient of the coaches, I don't think the previous recipient would be happy in having to spend 10 pounds sending them to Australia.

Webbo

Newportnobby

I'd just like to set the record straight and say the competition originated with Malc and DaveG who were more personally involved with Peter and much of the effort gone into it has been theirs. I'm only helping out in an 'admin' sort of role as, being a Mod, I spend more time on the forum and also, being a single chap, have more time anyway. I met Peter once at TINGS and recognised him as a true gent with a great sense of humour and, even when he was at his most ill, he was sending me encouraging messages after my by pass operation. As such, I'm just happy to help out in any way I can.
There is no set of rules for your photo so if you don't have a layout or diorama to display the coaches on don't let it stop you entering. Who knows, you may have something even more unusual you could pose them on!

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

zwilnik

Coaches arrived. They look stunning. Let's see if I can get a photo that does justice to the great man!

Malc

Just a taster of what the coaches look like on a (nearly finished) layout.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

bluedepot

Delboy

Excellent idea to honour a lovely man. He would be so pleased. As my layout is no where near ready, I will register for the competition later. Will look forward to seeing some great pics.

:thumbsup:
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

Malc

You don't necessarily have to have a layout, @dellboy . In all the times we went to see Peter, he only managed to get a loco around his layout on one occasion. So, a photo on whatever part of your layout is done would be fine.
The years have been good to me, it was the weekends that did the damage.

Nick

Excuse my ignorance, but was Peter a regular on the exhibition circuit in some capacity?

Looking at his photograph, he seems extraordinarily familiar, but I can't place why.
Nick

The perfect is the enemy of the good - Voltaire

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations