Military Tanks - Split from N Gauge Show Post

Started by guest2, December 28, 2010, 01:16:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

Quote from: cloughie on December 28, 2010, 12:49:46 PM
tank, did you get your name from military tanks or choo choo tanks !!
cloughie

Not choo choo's!   ;D  I love military vehicles, and I have a small army depot on my layout with Land Rovers, Scorpions, an Abbot, Challenger 1.....   :thumbsup:  As well as some fictional fully camouflaged trains and wagons which include a Class 08 and a 37.  I'll post some pictures if interested?

jonclox

OMG ::) Anymore of those and I shall have to bring my Pershing out to play :evil:
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

cloughie

I think the best thing to do is start some thing in the general category under military stuff or I am going to get thrown off this forum ???
cloughie
am I there yet

Tank

;D

That's great Cloughie.  Chally 2's are my favourite (and the best, not the Abrams or Leopard!).  I have a track link off of a Ch2 that a friend gave me from the REME.  What is your model made from, plastic, metal?  Are the tracks metal?  I used to have a model Tiger that I upgraded the tracks on to metal.  Now I just have those cheap R/C models that fire BB's pellets - Abrams M1A1, Leopard 2, Type 90.  Great fun though!

cloughie

tank I put a topic up in General Discussion, as I am sure I will get kicked off for putting stuff on events/shows
cloughie
am I there yet

cloughie

thanks for that tank, I feel better now
chally is made of fiber glass, running gear is metal , power is off a 12 volt car battery, cost new is £3800 then you have to get it detailed up, you can have sound and smoke and a pyro main gun firer.
you can get 1/4 scale, but they are £10,000
cloughie 
am I there yet

Tank

I saw the post.  I'll have a look at the links tomorrow - although I'm scared I'll end up spending money.   :D  Your model looks great.  I saw some of the same scale at the War And Peace Show.  I loved how slow they are (well the Panzers were anyway).

D306Whistler

I love Military Tanks, though because my room space is not much bigger than the size of a postage stamp :smiley-laughing:. I mainly collect the 1:72 scale tanks and military vehicles. I am also a fan of the Challenger II tank as well and I recently received a model of one that is by Modern Ground Armour in the Woodland colours :). The other vehicles I have are the T-34, M1A1 Abrams, Leopard 2A5, Hummer Humvee H1 by Dragon Armour. I also have a Land Rover Series III, Willy's Jeep and a T-80 which are kits that I am either building or I have completed :).
Check out my YouTube channel here
My Flickr Transport & Model Railway Gallery!

If you say "pls" because its shorter than "please", I will say "no" because its shorter than "yes" :P.

Tank

It sounds like you have a good collection D306Whistler.  I gave up on kits a year ago as I just didn't have the time.   :-\

Has anyone been collecting the magazine Combat Tanks?  I think we're on Issue 54 now.  Great models with it.   :thumbsup:

cloughie

leo 2a6 1/16

now me being run over by panther tanks, again, this turned out to be an annual event ::)

cloughie
am I there yet

poliss

I have three Soviet made 1/43 diecast models/toys. Well, one source says they are 1/43. My measurements made them closer to 1/50 as I remember.

T34s made by Frunze.

SU-100 made by Arsenal, St.Petersburg.

Zebra

Hi Guy's.
This is my first post on here and it's not even railway related!

I've always wanted a 1/6th scale tank but they are way out of my league for price and actually finding somewhere to keep it.
Instead I have a couple of 1/16th scale tanks which I patrol the garden with in the summer.
This one is my pride and joy though,it's an M4 Sherman made by Tamiya and is fully radio controlled with engine sounds and simulated gun flashes.
It's not finished yet (is anything ever finished!) the lower hull needs repainting to match the upper hull better and I have more stowage and general American army clutter to add sometime in the future.

Thanks.
Steve.

Dock Shunter

Looks fantastic Steve with some lovely detail...especialy the tools.... :thumbsup:
Great weathering job :thumbsup:

Tank

Superb model Zebra.  Now, scrape off those white stars and add a 17 pounder to the turret!   :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations