The final kick where it hurts

Started by Graham Walters, June 05, 2020, 04:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Graham Walters

Well when life dealt me lemons I got a whole orchard.

My landlord has decided that he wants to sell the flat I'm living in, and I have to be out by the end of June, well July 4th actually.

So once again I am having to dismantle my partly built model railway.
There are no flats in the town in the same price bracket, so it looks as though I'm going to have to settle for a bedsit in a large house.

Because of this I have a lot of Kato N gauge unitrack for sale.
An NCE powercab
Some Modern engines Class 66 and a 90 I think [DCC fitted], plus some skeletals.

If you live near Andover and want to pick up some practically new stuff for decent offers, then PM me and I'll let you know where and when you can view it all.
Test Valley Models
testvalleymodels@gmail.com

Opening hours;
Monday Closed
Tues - Fri 1000 - 1700 
Sat 0900 - 1700 

Closed Public and Bank Holidays

Newportnobby

Very sad to hear, Graham. Short notice, too, IMO
Is there nowhere you can store anything (parents/other relatives)?

crewearpley40

If any member could offer to kindly store items I'm sure graham would love to hear . Sorry my friend, its cuppa time and we all understand its difficult times. Chin up hope you find somewhere

Steven B

What kind of tenancy do you have? Covid19 laws have changed what landlords are allowed to do, particularly with the notice period, so unless your existing contract runs out at the end if the month you should have at least 3 months to find somewhere new.

Steven B

themadhippy

QuoteCovid19 laws have changed what landlords are allowed to do
That was my first thought,however digging deeper it looks like the 3 month period started in march and comes to an end mid june.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

red_death

The coronavirus landlord-tenant changes last until at least 30 September so a landlord giving notice now has to give a minimum of 3 months (and even then if they wanted to force you out and you had difficulty finding somewhere to live they would have to apply for an eviction order which they can't do until the end of the notice period.

Court actions are currently suspended until late June and I'm not sure if the Govt has decided whether to extend that yet.

Info here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/government-support-available-for-landlords-and-renters-reflecting-the-current-coronavirus-covid-19-outbreak

Good luck

Mike

Graham Walters

My mates missus is a solicitor for the local council, and she says he can do it.
I'm on a six month ongoing tenancy, the six months for this period is up on the 4th July, he wont be renewing, his claim is that he will be modernising the flat and selling.
The flat was his Mothers, and left to him.
I don't have anywhere to store the stuff really, especially if I have to move to somewhere else in a hurry, and it seems a waste to just leave the stuff in boxes, I'd rather sell it off and know someone is using it.
Test Valley Models
testvalleymodels@gmail.com

Opening hours;
Monday Closed
Tues - Fri 1000 - 1700 
Sat 0900 - 1700 

Closed Public and Bank Holidays

dannyboy

Not sure what to say Graham, except you have had a rough time of it lately. I sincerely hope things improve for you soon.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Bealman

What David said. Good luck, mate.  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Chetcombe

I echo David and George's comments. Good luck, hope you find somewhere even better ASAP  :thumbsup:
Mike

See my layout here Chetcombe
Videos of Chetcombe on YouTube

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations