Forum members feature in May 2018 Railway Modeller

Started by Newportnobby, April 12, 2018, 10:13:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

We are blessed this month in that layouts have been featured in the May edition of RM by members @les nehrlich and @midsummerend
Les has updated an old layout and now has a Cambrian/GW layout 'Llwyn Grug'
Midsummerend has, erm, his layout 'Midsummer End'

Congrats to both :thumbsup:

Bealman

Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

midsummerend

To say I'm chuffed to be amongst such good company in the magazine is an understatement. Very happy with my article and how they've captured the layout.

Bob Tidbury

Im pleased that our members get recognition in the Magazines but its costing me money to buy them  ,I will just have to hide the RM in  amongst the rest of the shopping and hope Val doesnt notice .I only get a magazine if there is a N gauge layout that I like as I cancelled all my magazines when I retired we just cant afford them anymore . They are nearly a fiver a time which to some of us is a lot of money for a days reading .
Bob Tidbury

texhorse

Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

jpendle

I wont be able to read my copy until ts fully dried out!!!!

My copy sometimes arrives wet through even though the plastic bag is intact.

Regards,

John P
Check out my layout thread.

Contemporary NW (Wigan Wallgate and North Western)

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=39501.msg476247#msg476247

And my Automation Thread

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=52597.msg687934#msg687934

Bob Tidbury

Thankyou Newportnobby  for telling us about the May issue of RM I managed to get hold of a copy when we went shopping and I've just been reading the first article about Llwyn Crug this is a lovely little layout with some really nice scenes of a scratch built working fairground and a quarry ,built by Les Nehrlich as Mick said the other layout is the well known Midsummer End a very nice G W R country station and goods yard  with a working signal and Locos with sound again there are some really good photos .this was built by another member called funnily enough Midsummer End .
Both of the builders have really done N Gauge modeling a power of good and thanks must go to them both for two excellent layouts .
Congratulations to both of you.
Bob Tidbury

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations