Your Most Unusual Train?

Started by Claude Dreyfus, January 26, 2011, 10:00:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

porkie

:smiley-laughing:
Yeah tank...
Its a sub miniture flashing led. Runing through a bridge rectifire so that it flashes going either direction..
:Class89:

My Layout build thread.... Milton grove TMD 1988 - 2000 WCML loosly based
www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=57.0

4x2

My most unusual loco is this...

It's an Arnold Bay s 3/6 according to the instructions, I think it's about 40 years old, but runs really well ! ;D
Cost me £10 ! :smiley-laughing:
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

Pengi

Most unusual train has to be this Southwest trains/Southern hybrid spotted recently

Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Tank

The above picture looks incredibly real.......so I'm guessing they're not models?! ;) ;D

Pengi

Sadly no-one makes Electrostars or Desiros (SWT) - wish they did! So it is real life. What impresses me about Southern and SWT is that their electric trains always seem to be gleaming.
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

red_death

Pendy - I tihnk that if the OHL Desiro sells well (350) then there is a good chance that Bachmann/Farish will do an SWT version.

For the electrostar I have been looking at doing a conversion based on a 3d printed plugin front end and detailing parts with vinyl sides to go on a 3 car Farish 170 chopped down to size (needs to go from a 23m chassis to 20m).  But don't hold your breath waiting!

Cheers, Mike

cookiescrumble

I've already contacted Mercig with regards to repainting one of the London Midlands 350's into a SWT 450  ;).

tadpole

OK, not one of mine, but an unusual use for a Farish 08 shunter seen in a jewellery shop window in Edinburgh.
....and yes, that probably is an N-Gaugement ring in the wagon.

Two rails good. Three better.

tadpole

I just noticed the jeweller even has his own name on the wagons - nice one.
Two rails good. Three better.

Tank

malfoy

I was modelling this train which is known as "Palace on Wheels" in India. It is like a five star hotel running in the state of Rajasthan. It has got shops, resturants, entertainment rooms and many such rooms in it. Each wagn acts as one of the above rooms. Although getting together the train was easy but the detailing of every wagon took a lot of time but I am glad that it came out nicely. I can share pictures if any of you are interested.

Newportnobby

Quote from: malfoy on December 11, 2011, 03:52:59 PM
I was modelling this train which is known as "Palace on Wheels" in India. It is like a five star hotel running in the state of Rajasthan. It has got shops, resturants, entertainment rooms and many such rooms in it. Each wagn acts as one of the above rooms. Although getting together the train was easy but the detailing of every wagon took a lot of time but I am glad that it came out nicely. I can share pictures if any of you are interested.

Yes please!! I believe you are the 1st on the forum to model Indian Railways :thumbsup:

upnick

Quote from: malfoy on December 11, 2011, 03:52:59 PM

Hi 

I like others i'm  sure would  love to see pictures of the  ''Palace on wheels''   :thumbsup:

Lawrence

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations