DJ Models 2014 Announcements

Started by steam-driven boy, July 23, 2014, 12:38:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dorsetmike

My patience is running out I started N gauge 40 years ago in 1974, I'm now 80, it'd better improve a bit smartish else I won't be around to see it.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

njee20

Quote from: Tank on July 23, 2014, 02:59:33 PM
I'd definitely like a Class 59, and I'm hoping that someone produces the JHA's to go with them. :-\

Very much agree with this! Would love a Hanson 59 and a rake of JHAs.

It's the same press release as Dapol used - including a picture of a Hanson loco, despite no plans to offer one initially. Seemed daft when Dapol did it, seems daft now! Still, good someone's doing it, and I see he's saying he'd like to do hoppers, but hasn't been able to get the plans.

Karhedron

Quote from: scruff on July 23, 2014, 06:58:55 PM
Some nice hoppers to drag round behind them would be REALLY good too though! :bounce:

Farish do the PGAs which are suitable IIRC. You could almost get away with repainting HHAs as JHAs if you really want some of the 100 ton hoppers.  I won't tell anyone if you don't :whisper:
Quote from: ScottyStitch on September 29, 2015, 11:28:46 AM
Well, that's just not good enough. Some fount of all knowledge you are!  :no:  ;)

njee20

Quote from: Karhedron on July 24, 2014, 10:46:17 AM
Quote from: scruff on July 23, 2014, 06:58:55 PM
Some nice hoppers to drag round behind them would be REALLY good too though! :bounce:

Farish do the PGAs which are suitable IIRC. You could almost get away with repainting HHAs as JHAs if you really want some of the 100 ton hoppers.  I won't tell anyone if you don't :whisper:

They'd be good for the National Power JMAs, but too long for the JHAs, I've always thought the Tarmac JGAs would be the best proxy for the ARC/Hanson JHAs, but lacking the distinctive LTF bogies. The RMC ones would be pretty good for the Yeoman JHAs.

ohlavache

Very good news.
The Hudswell Clarke is more than tempting.  :bounce:
Thanks Dave.

GrahamB

GWR Mogul for me.

My old kit built effort on an old Farish 3 pole chassis is getting rather tired.
Tonbridge MRC Member.
My Southwark Bridge thread can be found at https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38683.0
My Southwark Bridge website can be found at https://southwarkbridge.wixsite.com/ngauge

PLD

Quote from: Caz on July 24, 2014, 09:40:22 AM
I shall be up for at least one of Dave's 63xx's, just what the doctor ordered.  BTW, why are they called "Moguls"?

The 2-6-0 wheel arrangement was first used in large numbers in Japan...

NeMo

Quote from: PLD on July 25, 2014, 08:13:05 AM
Quote from: Caz on July 24, 2014, 09:40:22 AM
I shall be up for at least one of Dave's 63xx's, just what the doctor ordered.  BTW, why are they called "Moguls"?
The 2-6-0 wheel arrangement was first used in large numbers in Japan...

Not quite. The "Mikado" name (2-8-2) does come from Japan; when the first examples were produced by the US for the Japanese railroads, a certain Gilbert & Sullivan opera was very popular, and somehow its name got transferred to the locomotives.

On the other hand, nobody knows for sure where the "Mogul" name came from (though a common theory is that one or other early example of the 2-6-0 type had been given that name, and the name ended up being applied to all 2-6-0s.

Cheers, NeMo

PS. The original Mughals were emperors of India, rather than Japan, and the word "Mogul" is an old fashioned spelling of that name.
(Former NGS Journal Editor)

Les1952

Quote from: Dorsetmike on July 24, 2014, 09:57:17 AM
There's already more than enough Greasy Wet and Rusty steam RTR, when are we going to get some SR (pre Bulleid)

Somewhat of a "Catch 22" situation, Nobody makes SR stock cos nobody models SR/nobody models SR cos nobody makes the stock. About time it changed

Try modelling the NER area- Britains biggest pre-grouping monopoly.  We are better off in N than in OO, where there is only ONE class of loco R-T-R (the J72 0-6-0T).  Even in N there are but four, three 0-6-0s (J25/26/27- and most people can't tell the latter pair apart) and one 4-4-0.  We now have two more in development, Dapol's J72 and now Dave's 0-8-0.

So still no mixed traffic loco (there were four successful 4-6-0 classes), no big tank (they had three types of  0-6-2T, two 4-6-2T, a 4-4-4T and a 4-8-2T),  five more 4-4-0 types and three Atlantic types and a Pacific no less.

Having said that, the North British (the largest railway in Scotland) is even worse off.......

The Q6 can't have been a bad engine.  There were 120 built and the FIRST withdrawal wan't until 1962.  The last boiler to cool in the real NE region (ie not including Holbeck which was ex-MR) in September 1967 was either a Q6 or a J27- ie a pre-grouping design.

All the very best
Les

twinklekev

At last, a GWR Mogul. Why has it taken so long? Put me down for 1 at least. By the time I get it I might have finished the kit I started 8 years ago :doh:

ohlavache

Dave, the class 07 you're mentioning, will it be available in N gauge?
This would be a wonderful news with the Hudswell Clarke for the beginning of my holidays!!!  :claphappy:
Of course, I would deny you told me anything...  :angel:

Thorpe Parva

oh well.....perhaps a Class 28 will be announced in two years time.

4x2

Everybody has a want (S&D 7F for me as always... :thumbsup:), but I'm not going to rattle off a list of other stuff...

I think Dave needs a big heap of praise for whats in the pipeline, after all he hasn't sold anything yet and setting up a new business isn't cheap or easy... I'm glad he's decided not to make a long list of maybes and concentrate on whats been promised - even if my beloved S&D 7F isn't there...

I'm looking forward to the Mogul, Hudswell Clarke and especially the Clayton, but hopefully not all at once...! ::)
If it's got rails... you have my full, undivided attention - Steam, diesel and electric, 'tis all good !

Mike

talisman56

I came across this little nugget in this thread on 'another forum':

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/88259-djmodels-first-year-report/

"I have decided to create a range (almost a stand alone one) of RTR 0-6-0 locomotives (Steam and Diesel), and would have produced a class 07 shunter this year until I found out another company is producing one." [My emphasis].

Didn't go into detail about which scale or which company, but if it's N then I can see another demand on the wallet...
Quando omni flunkus moritati

My layout thread - Hambleside East: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=18364.0
My workbench thread: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=19037

mr bachmann

lots of promises from manufacturers , what happened to the class 139 promised a coupe of years back ?

alan

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations