Class 66 - a question of scale - and quality?

Started by Paul B, February 17, 2013, 12:17:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jabbabill

hI
i got a bargain Dapol EWS 66 at a fair only £18 brand new. When i got it home it wouldnt run, i checked it out and someone had stolen the motor. Just to rub it in the end of the box said "DUMMY".
I think the Farish 66 looks less toy like from above but dapol :dunce: :dunce: underframe is better.

Caz

Quote from: jabbabill on February 17, 2013, 08:05:12 PM
hI
i got a bargain Dapol EWS 66 at a fair only £18 brand new. When i got it home it wouldnt run, i checked it out and someone had stolen the motor. Just to rub it in the end of the box said "DUMMY".
I think the Farish 66 looks less toy like from above but dapol :dunce: :dunce: underframe is better.

:laughabovepost:    :laughabovepost:    :laughabovepost:

We've all done similar, I nearly bought a whole load of Skaledale 00 buildings thinking they were Lyddle End N gauge, luckily managed to cancel the order before they were shipped.  :)
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

roundhouse

The newer Dapol 66's won't pull as much as a Farish one.
When I added foam with coal ontop to the Farish coal hoppers then the Dapol one wouldn't pull all 21 of them.

However since adding some lead weight wrapped completely in insulation tape to what little space is left under the roof of the Dapol loco it now does pull all 21 hoppers

Ian
Modelling N scale  USA and UK

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations