new replies disappear

Started by weave, November 26, 2020, 06:51:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

weave

Hi all,

In the last four days I've noticed when I go into 'show new replies to your posts' that when I read the first one, one of the others will disappear. The rest stay there and don't disappear when I read them so only slightly annoying although I have to try and remember which one it was and then find it if time has elapsed. Just wondered if I was doing something wrong.

Any ideas?

Cheers, weave  :beers:

swisstrains

I've had a similar thing happen Weave. :(
When scanning my list of "Unread posts since my last visit" there have been a few that have caught my eye. After reading one of them I have returned to the list and found that at least one of the ones that previously interested me was no longer there.  ???

weave

Thanks John,

Maybe it's a Brexit thing and the UK modellers are slowly trying to edge us Continental folk out?  ;)  :D

weave

Quote from: Only Me on November 26, 2020, 11:00:31 PM
Right click on said posts and click open in new window.. clicking on one will
Mark all done

Hi Only Me,

Is that for Swisstrains or me or both? Saying that, if it is me, not sure quite what you mean but we can cross that bridge etc. Thank you.

Cheers, weave

weave

To clarify, it just did it again. I pressed 'show new replies to your posts' and  Wrenton, Westbury Junction and Irwell Valley came up, which I have posted replies on before. I looked at Wrenton, went back, Irwell Valley was still there but Westbury Junction had disappeared.

That's fine because I noticed it and it's easy to find as it's there as a recent post but if I've been working and come back to lots of replies it's a pain and it's never done it before.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

swisstrains

I don't understand what "Only Me" means either. I am not doing anything different and it hasn't happened before. I have just had a similar example to you Weave........ a thread that was previously listed has disappeared after reading another and returning to the list.
It could well be happening to others but they are not noticing it?

chrism

I've had a few cases where I've gone to the "Show Unread Posts since last visit" list, seen (say) 10 in the list), gone to one and replied to it, gone back and the list is empty. It's sometimes happened of there is more than one page so I've gone to page 2 and upon returning to page 1 it's empty.

I've also had a few cases of "Session Authentication error", or something like that, when clicking the "Mark all posts read" link - but the two issues don't, AFAICR, coincide.

Both only seem to occur at the start of the day, when I've just fired up my browser.

I suspect it's a cookies issue, where something on the forum system and the corresponding entries in the browsers cookies doesn't match.

Trainfish

I also have an issue with replies disappearing but mine seem a little different.

Last night (02:21) I posted this reply to a post.

This morning (08:57) I received an email notification to say a new reply had been posted by @Mr Sprue and it gave me this link.

I click on the link and it takes me to this link again. The same as I posted last night.

I've had this a few times and thought I was going mad (maybe a subject of a new thread one day) but I was very careful today and it definitely happened as above. In the past I have returned to the thread an hour or so later and the new reply is there. Maybe @Mr Sprue can tell me if he really did post a reply this morning and whether he maybe deleted it again between then and now? It's the only thing I can think of.

I'm confussed  :doh:
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Newportnobby

Quote from: Trainfish on November 29, 2020, 10:08:13 AM
thought I was going mad (maybe a subject of a new thread one day)

No need - it's a well known fact :P :laugh3:

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £77.34
Below Goal: £22.66
Site Currency: GBP
77% 
March Donations