Who's just brought a Huawei phone

Started by austinbob, June 04, 2019, 05:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

austinbob

So who else has bought a Huawei phone just before Google announced they would stop supporting android updates. OK so they apparently continue to provide security and app updates but what a  :censored:
:veryangry:
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Snowwolflair

Quote from: austinbob on June 04, 2019, 05:28:37 PM
So who else has bought a Huawei phone just before Google announced they would stop supporting android updates. OK so they apparently continue to provide security and app updates but what a  :censored:

On good thing, you will never be alone with it. According to the CIA +100 will be listening to you constantly.   :D

austinbob

I pity those poor 100 very bored people. 🙂
It wouldn't surprise me if the CIA and just about any other government security organisation are listening in to almost any manufacturers phones. They're all at it.  :D
Size matters - especially if you don't have a lot of space - and N gauge is the answer!

Bob Austin

Jon898

If 20 years ago someone in the government had suggested we should all carry an electronic location and monitoring device 24/7, there would have been outrage.

Now we go out an buy them ourselves   :hmmm:

RailGooner

I'll have to give serious consideration to a Huawei phone now if Google are going to stop pushing their data mining spyware to it. :D

austinbob

You can get one really cheap right now. I paid over £800 for mine end of April and its worth £100 or less right now.

Bob Austin

emjaybee

Quote from: austinbob on June 04, 2019, 06:55:49 PM
You can get one really cheap right now. I paid over £800 for mine end of April and its worth £100 or less right now.

I'll give you a tenner?

Just kidding. You haven't lost money on it unless you were planning to sell it. On the upside, I understand they're developing their own platform with apps, so I'm guessing ordering a takeaway will get easier.

:whistle:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

Doc Pye

QuoteOn good thing, you will never be alone with it. According to the CIA +100 will be listening to you constantly.   :D

I don't want to be mean to those that bought one of these but this line did make me laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Heck, the CIA listens to you all the time regardless, as do all other so-called intelligence services!  :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

austinbob

I'm sure(ish) all this is not going to be a big problem for me. I don't use chrome or Gmail and only occasionally use Maps. Google Q update seems all about 'gestures' which I don't use.
I bought my P30 Pro mainly for the camera and the fact my Windows phone is now lacking support.
Have I convinced myself that everything will be OK? No... Time will tell.
:beers:

Bob Austin

PaulCheffus

Quote from: Jon898 on June 04, 2019, 06:26:36 PM
If 20 years ago someone in the government had suggested we should all carry an electronic location and monitoring device 24/7, there would have been outrage.

Now we go out an buy them ourselves   :hmmm:

Hi

Speak for yourself. I've never owned one and never will.

Cheers

Paul
Procrastination - The Thief of Time.

Workbench thread
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=54708.msg724969#msg724969

emjaybee

I wonder how many are muttering about the Chinese listening in on them whilst Alexa/Google pod in the corner is doin' it's thang!

;D
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

austinbob

Quote from: emjaybee on June 04, 2019, 07:55:23 PM
I wonder how many are muttering about the Chinese listening in on them whilst Alexa/Google pod in the corner is doin' it's thang!

;D
Quite. Of course the US and most of the 'civilised world' don't spy on people via their mobile phone.  :smiley-laughing:

Bob Austin

themadhippy

wots googles tag line again? dont be evil wasn't it? ,but hey lets   forget that  whilst also overlooking chrome blocking  adbockers in the near future unless  you stump up for an enterprise edition.

And chinas reaction to the  hawei fisaco ? lets weaponise rare earth magnets,can see that going down well in the good ole us of a
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

stevewalker

While the US may be right about the security implications of Huawei and may be correct in limiting its equipment in their networks. Either their phones are a risk and should be totally blocked from accessing the networks or they should have full access to Google services - with Google being such a force with Android. There certainly should not be any restrictions on updates for existing Huawei customers.

daveg

My Huawei has been in the junk drawer for the last 2 years.

I do have a mobile but it's mainly for show. We can't get any signal here 60% of the time and the remaining 40% it's so broken up trying to talk is pointless!

All this shouting and drum banging about 5G and we can't get 3.

Anybody doing semaphore lessons?  ;)

Dave G

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations