When moderation goes mad...

Started by Fardap, February 02, 2017, 09:27:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steamie+

Whilst i agree somewhat with emjaybee's reply i also think this is the best forum for information and i am a complete beginner (No Break) so any information i can get always help's me, wether it is from a post or i search for it, i do agree searching is a bit frustrating an may lead me to not getting what i ask for, but then again i ask a question on the forum and if it isn't in the proper thread a moderator will move it to the correct one, so in the end i get the answer. The trouble is most want the question answered yesterday an then it can get even more frustrating for them. Just remember it is a hobby and not a full time paid job has it is for the Moderators and give them the credit they deserve for a brilliant forum.

By they way what has this post got to do with (Welcome and Introduction).      :) :) :)

Byegad

Having worn the Moderators black cap for another forum I feel the Mod's here do a good job. I didn't see the thread under discussion so can't tell if their deletions were in accordance with what I'd do.

However my general tactic, when I wore the cap, was to leave well alone, even at the expense of tedious fact verification in a thread.

Bealman

I've been a bit reluctant to post here, because we do, in modern parlance, try to be "transparent."  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Byegad

Quote from: Bealman on February 03, 2017, 11:44:10 AM
I've been a bit reluctant to post here, because we do, in modern parlance, try to be "transparent."  :thumbsup:
:sorrysign: But I suspect we will 'see through' that tactic.  :D

Ben A

Hello all,

I think this is a great forum.  The vast majority of the posts are friendly and in good humour, and I think the moderators get the balance right.

cheers

Ben A.

Sprintex

Quote from: Steamie+ on February 03, 2017, 09:18:36 AM
By they way what has this post got to do with (Welcome and Introduction).      :) :) :)

Nothing, it's in the wrong place ;)

Paul

port perran

I agree wholeheartedly with Ben A.
This is a marvellous forum and, yes, the moderators do a great if thankless job.
I wasn't party to the thread under discussion so can't comment except to say that in the past if threads started to get a little heated, I back off and leave well alone.
I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

njee20

It wasn't heated, just off topic.

Still, all fixed now.

daffy

Quote from: Only Me on February 03, 2017, 02:02:49 PM
Suppose we can consign this thread to the junk bin now then :D

That's your mission should you decide to accept it.
This post will self destruct in 5 seconds.
:)
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Steamie+

Quote from: Sprintex on February 03, 2017, 01:21:58 PM
Quote from: Steamie+ on February 03, 2017, 09:18:36 AM

Nothing, it's in the wrong place ;)

Paul
Quote from: Bealman on February 03, 2017, 11:44:10 AM

You all do a great job, so please carry on with what ever you need to do. This is the best Forum on the web and i will be saying so when i go with NPN to Stafford on Saturday, anything i can do to promote this fantastic  forum i will...you all have a  :thumbs:'s up from me.     :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dannyboy

Quote from: Steamie+ on February 03, 2017, 06:39:41 PM

You all do a great job, so please carry on with what ever you need to do. This is the best Forum on the web

Could not agree more.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

keithbythe sea

Quote from: dannyboy on February 03, 2017, 07:35:42 PM
Quote from: Steamie+ on February 03, 2017, 06:39:41 PM

You all do a great job, so please carry on with what ever you need to do. This is the best Forum on the web

Could not agree more.  :thumbsup:

Me too, excellent job mods,  :thumbsup:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £30.23
Below Goal: £69.77
Site Currency: GBP
30% 
April Donations