Covered PGA?

Started by SD35, September 12, 2011, 08:32:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SD35

Among the various items in the Farish display cabinets at Leamington, I noticed a covered hopper among the long line of open PGAs.  However, I can't find a picture on the Farish website or any store websites.  Was I hallucinating or are Farish trying to wind me up?  Did anyone else spot it?

SD35

No, it looked more like this:

http://www.garethbayer.co.uk/wotw/displayimage.php?album=380&pos=6

It was white/light grey and I think the private owner writing on it was in blue.

poliss

SD35

You're right, it could.  I must pay more attention instead of only processing visual information once I've jumped in the car and pottered off back north.  :smiley-laughing:

BernardTPM

It's 373-039 PGA(sic) Bulk Aggregate Hopper Wagon 'WBB Minerals' Grey. These are the ex-BIS sand hoppers refitted with roofs and with the cartoon camel motif painted on the sides. Apparently they do come with a roof in the box though it is not fitted as it comes because the clear plastic wrapper (post Poole Farish) doesn't have room for it! In covered form (and as WBB they have only been covered AFAIK) it should be PAA. Look out for reviews soon as Ben Ando had one for review just before TINGS.

SD35

BernardTPM

Yes, that's it. Interesting to note that the wagon next to it has the alternative one-piece roof against the two piece on the main subject wagon. Not how different that makes the actuating pistons and levers.

SD35

I was hoping that it might be an option for the Hardendale - Teesside Lime trains but the more I look at the it the more I don't think it works. 

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations