What are you doing today ?

Started by port perran, July 17, 2011, 02:40:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

poliss

The back of my layout is at the point when reaching over is at the exact point that causes a crick in my back. Very painful.  :'(

Joseph

Quote from: poliss on July 17, 2011, 03:49:11 PM
I just did a 4 second snipe on Ebay.  :computersmile:

Hey dude,
Can you please tell me that what is a 4 second snipe on Ebay????

Newportnobby

Hi Joseph,
If I remember rightly from Poliss, a 4 second snipe is where you leave your final bid until the last 4 seconds on the clock so that no one else has time to place a higher bid - thus you win the bidding. :thumbsup:

Tank

And you have to pray that your computer doesn't freeze/crash, or your internet connection drops.  The latter is a regular occurence here!

poliss

The new clock on the bidding page helps. I used to have two pages open at once, one with the clock and one with my highest bid. The problem was that if you missed clicking the other page you lost because you ran out of time, so I had to bid with 8 seconds left.
Some people have managed a zero seconds snipe.

scotsoft

I like that new clock as well, like you I used to have two pages open at the same time.
No bidding for me for a while though saving my cash for the N Gauge show in Sept  ;)

cudders

Quote from: scotsoft on August 02, 2011, 01:15:48 PM
I like that new clock as well, like you I used to have two pages open at the same time.
No bidding for me for a while though saving my cash for the N Gauge show in Sept  ;)

Me too!  :thumbsup:

cudders
Hoping to make a start on the layout before Xmas!!

Tank

I just had an old friend round to murder the wasps that are living in our loft!  Fingers crossed they'll be gone by tonight.

Bikeracer

Quote from: Tank on August 02, 2011, 02:08:41 PM
I just had an old friend round to murder the wasps that are living in our loft!  Fingers crossed they'll be gone by tonight.
I'm still waiting for the council exterminator from reporting the wasp nest in my shed on Thursday last week.Tomorrow is the last of the five working days they told me it would be taken care of. :thumbsdown:

Allan
I'm not a complete idiot..some bits are missing.

Tank

Oh no, sorry to hear that.   :thumbsdown:  Should I tell you that I rang my friend Paul, he arrived five minutes late, and 15 minutes later he left?!  ;)  He did charge £40 though, but I'm guessing the council does it for free? ???  Or do they still charge?

Bikeracer

The council hit my debit card for £59.00 immediately and then the lady told me they are very busy.

Not sure what happens when they come,but I hope they put a sheet or something to collect the dead bodies in,I don't want to get stung by a wasp corpse lurking amongst the stuff under the nest.

Allan

jonclox

The only way the council will come out for free is if your on income support or over the age of 60.
Then (round here) they call out a local pest control firm to do the job for them and pay them..(we are dealing with rats from next door here and getting the 'free service'.
Wasps sometimes take some time to die but will fall dopey from the nest and craw about on your floor/furnature......beware of dieing ones ......they still sting and a sting underneath the foot hurts like *%"* and comes as a shock
John A GOM personified
N Gauge can seriously damage your wealth.
Never force things. Just use a bigger hammer
Electronically and spelling dyslexic 
Ruleoneshire
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=17646.0
Re: Grainge & Hodder baseboards
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=29659.0

poliss

Had to go out and do a bit of shopping. Went to three shops. First shop, the till was closed until I was stuck in the second queue of course. Second shop, I got stuck behind someone that disagreed with the price of cat food, (I am an iams cat), assistant went away for 10  minutes to check the price and when she came back the customer didn't want it. Third shop, I got stuck behind someone that wanted to report the assistant to head office. It rained too.  :(

Newportnobby

Quote from: jonclox on August 02, 2011, 04:19:35 PM
we are dealing with rats from next door here and getting the 'free service'.

Not a nice way to talk about your neighbours, but if there is such a free service I'm sure others would be interested ;D

Bikeracer

The wasp exterminator came this afternoon and did his job.

Things I learned....

The wasp nest was in the shed roof space between the inside hardboard and the roof,they'd built it there and then made holes down through the hardboard lining and spread out on the inside of the roof.

They start building in May and at the beginning of August there are around two thousand wasps in the nest,at the end of August this would have increased to three thousand. :o

They never use the same nest twice.

Allan

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations