BH Enteprises

Started by Cutter, October 22, 2013, 01:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cutter

Hello,

Does anyone here know if there is a problem with BH Enterprises at the moment? I snail mailed an order at the begining of September and have received nothing. Email has not been responded to.

This is my second order. The first was delayed because the proprietor had a heart attack. I am hoping that this is not the case again.

Many thanks.

Newportnobby

BH Enterprises are at the meet up in Peterborough this Saturday so hopefully we'll be able to find out more :thumbsup:

Dorsetmike

I know Ray's wife died a few months ago, and they all have day jobs too, they've rarely been quick off the mark with postal or email response, I usually try and hang on for when they are going to a local show and email asking for them to bring items to the show, that usually works.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Cutter

Thank you both for your reassuring responses. I am now Much more confident that my order will turn up.

I am in no hurry, but living as I do in Massachusetts I have to wait a long time for all deliveries, and if something goes awry it can take a couple more months to fix. I currently have an order placed with Osborns in early September that is lost in some black hole, and again email is not being responded to. And for obvious reasons, UK shows are not possible for me.

Well, I am ready to place my third order once this one has materialized.

EtchedPixels

Quote from: Cutter on October 22, 2013, 12:14:33 PMmonths to fix. I currently have an order placed with Osborns in early September that is lost in some black hole, and again email is not being responded to.

Email is often very unreliable, especially with some of the rather hopeless spam filtering deployed these days. Better to use the phone if in doubt.

Alan
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

MikeDunn

Think yourself lucky - I asked Ultrascale yesterday what their current lead time is on some wagon wheels (no, not the choccy ones  :P) - 5 to 6 months !!!

Unbelievable ... don't think I'll use them !  Oh, they look really nice, but it's not as if it's a competition entry ... just a couple of wagons ...

portland-docks

Any idea if bh enterprises are still going? Iv tried getting in touch a few times but never had any luck...
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Cutter

Ray Evans emailed me on November 17 about the order I mailed to him at the begining of September, saying he would "update further next week."

I have yet to hear from him or receive my order, but he does appear to be in business still.

portland-docks

I only want a metcam pullman kit to build over xmas :(
Visit my heritage Railway "moorside Valley Railway"

http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=9280.0

see first post for exhibition dates

Dorsetmike

I spoke with Rqy at the Poole show earlier in Novembe; since his wife passed away eqrlier in the year things have been difficult, Ray and his son both have day jobs so finding time for house keeping, taking the stand to shows and trying to keep up with orders probably  takes more time than they have.
Cheers MIKE
[smg id=6583]

How many roads must a man walk down ... ... ... ... ... before he knows he's lost!

Cooper

I e-mailed them about a kit of theirs i'd bought having the wrong bogies some months ago. I received an explanation of the personal problems they'd sadly experienced and a promise to supply a replacement in due course. I saw them at a show last month and they've got supply problems.

It's just the way it is with cottage industries unfortunately. I for one am glad though that people out there do this in their spare time to help our modelling with all those little essential bits.

red_death

Completely agree with Cooper - Ray and sons have had a pretty tough time of it over the last few years.

I know it can be frustrating waiting for things, but you will get the parts you need eventually.  I always find it best to talk to Ray at shows.

Cheers, Mike

Cutter

Still waiting for the order mailed in early September...

Cutter

Ray has emailed me a couple of times with questions or updates, but I still have no idea if or when I will receive my order or how complete it will be. His kits are worth waiting for, but it is quite a wait!

CarriageShed

That doesn't sound good. I was thinking of ordering one of their Fowler 3,500 tenders to replace the Farish version. If they're not even going to fulfil orders made half a year ago, perhaps I shouldn't bother.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £15.67
Below Goal: £84.33
Site Currency: GBP
16% 
May Donations