Got my loco license today

Started by 1936ace, August 26, 2012, 01:01:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

Hi all,
Got my locomotive drivers license today, well in 5inch gauge!. Having received a 5 inch loco kit from the uk as a birthday gift from my wife last year, I had my driving/signaling exam today and was given the ok by the instructors. So I can now play trains wi.th the big boys. Have just finished the riding truck so now I have something to sit on as my loco had be,en finished for a while.
Bart

Tank

Well done, very jealous!  I'm not allowed 5 inch gauge for another 20 years. :'(

Caz

Nice one Bart, I have enough trouble driving the ones on the layout let alone a real live steamy  :envy:  :claphappy:
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

trainsdownunder

Jerry Howlett

:claphappy: Well done Bart  :envy: :envy: :envy: :envy:
And yet she still lets you keep the big red things ????
:laugh:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

Newportnobby

Huge congrats, Bart. Bet you're well chuffed (well, someone had to do that one :doh:)

Alex

tim-pelican

Congratulations!

Except that led to a quick google for "5 inch gauge", coupled with me looking out of the window at all that pointless grass...  :-[

kaiwhara

100 Hours till I get my Locomotive License - 3' 6" gauge anyway..!!!

Well done by the way Bart!  :claphappy:
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

longbridge

Congratulations Bart, looking forward to seeing the finished loco  :thumbsup:
Keep on Smiling
Dave.

1936ace

Thanks all for the kind replies. Hey K, you will be surprised how quick the time will go. At least in the bigger scale they won't try and arch you out when you are doing the final assessment by placing stuff across the track and the tester dragging his feet to see if you are watching or throwing the signals back at you at the last minute.
The funny thing is I have  an operators license to drive on the real stuff( at our fire station we have a fire engine that can run on rails for tunnel rescues) but had to show I can drive "toy" trains.
It is heaps of fun.
And Tim, there are heaps of companies that build back yard stuff, pheonix , ride on railways, maxi track , compass to name a few. Mine is a Phoenix kit , build was too easy but the getting the ride correct with bogie height and loco height too a little time but I think I've got it nailed.
Bart

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations