What does she mean by This?

Started by 1936ace, December 22, 2012, 11:50:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caz

Quote from: Jack9465 on December 23, 2012, 07:35:29 AM
:laughabovepost: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Lionwing I don't think its a theory, there are too many of us blokes who can totally agree with you.! And they, our women folk, wonder why we men give up and go to the Train Room.

I wonder if someone like whiteswan or silly moo can give us men some help in understanding the unsaid third?  ;D

It's not that hard really, in this case the pressure is on as it's Christmas and she has a lot to do making sure all the rest of the family are ok and she's not too happy that when she comes home from work you haven't usually done much whilst she has been working all day. 

I know you're off work on holiday and probably feel you should be putting your feet up and doing your thing but it is a very stressful time of year for us women organising all the gifts, wrapping them, buying and preparing all the food etc and we expect a little help from our partners who are usually selfish and just want to do their own thing [even if it is playing trains ;-)  ] 

Be warned, as it's a curt note, she is getting a bit p'**e off as she thinks you're not pulling your weight!

There's no unsaid third, it's all there if you look.   :P   :laugh:   
Caz
layout here
Claywell, High Hackton & Bampney Intro
Hackton info
Bampney info

Newportnobby

It's Lily I feel sorry for :(
Somehow she's got to get the pigs into the dishwasher :o

EtchedPixels

You can't play trains today, but it says nothing about buying them ...
:help:
"Knowledge has no value or use for the solitary owner: to be enjoyed it must be communicated" -- Charles Pratt, 1st Earl Camden

Pengi

Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on December 23, 2012, 10:47:12 AM
Trust me, house work taking ages is one of the great myths of our time. Vacuuming, dusting, cleaning and ironing can be done easily within an afternoon (that's in a 4 bedroom house).

Want a job >:D :laugh: :laugh:
Just one Pendolino, give it to me, a beautiful train, from Italy

Jerry Howlett

Ive found a cure for this type of note.
Woke up this morning with BAD BACK (seriously I really have) no idea how it happened, however Mrs H is VERY sympathetic to my needs. STOP THERE ITS A FAMILY FORUM>>>.
Still don't think that the legendary Blue Pullman will be delivered by Santa. But Mrs H is in charge of looking after me  today and I have unlimited acces to the computer  :claphappy:
Some days its just not worth gnawing through the straps.

1936ace

Hey Newport

Guinea pigs all nice and clean now

Now just have to unclog the filter

Bat

kaiwhara

Quote from: 1936ace on December 23, 2012, 08:42:38 PM
Hey Newport

Guinea pigs all nice and clean now

Now just have to unclog the filter

Bat

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost: :claphappy: :claphappy:
:Class414:  :NGaugersRule: :Class37:

My Model Planning Thread:

(Click on Picture to view thread)

View my photos at my Flickr Account

H

It's just a note reminding herself not to play with your trains today.
And what jobs to assign to the kids.
Simples.

H.

Claude Dreyfus

Quote from: Pengy on December 23, 2012, 03:59:26 PM
Quote from: Claude Dreyfus on December 23, 2012, 10:47:12 AM
Trust me, house work taking ages is one of the great myths of our time. Vacuuming, dusting, cleaning and ironing can be done easily within an afternoon (that's in a 4 bedroom house).

Want a job >:D :laugh: :laugh:

Fortunately just managed to get me one of those, so its back to sharing housekeeping duties... Something that may take someone a little convincing after a couple of months off!

Sprintex

Quote from: whiteswan on December 23, 2012, 12:31:22 PM
. . . it is a very stressful time of year for us women organising all the gifts, wrapping them, buying and preparing all the food etc and we expect a little help from our partners who are usually selfish and just want to do their own thing [even if it is playing trains ;-)  ] 

Don't know what period of the dark ages you got that from but in this house we buy/wrap/label our own gifts and share buying and prepping the food  ;)

Paul

moogle

Quote from: Sprintex on December 26, 2012, 11:27:33 PM
Quote from: whiteswan on December 23, 2012, 12:31:22 PM
. . . it is a very stressful time of year for us women organising all the gifts, wrapping them, buying and preparing all the food etc and we expect a little help from our partners who are usually selfish and just want to do their own thing [even if it is playing trains ;-)  ] 

Don't know what period of the dark ages you got that from but in this house we buy/wrap/label our own gifts and share buying and prepping the food  ;)

Paul

Don't mention the Dark Ages...  :o  :doh:

I have to do all that but I can play trains, do modelling etc when I want inbetween.
Singledom has some advantages!  :laugh:
Personal motto: You don't have to be mad to be a modeller, but I find it helps!

My Irish layout here

My Edwardian Seaside Layout here

My Backscene painting tutorial here

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations