Australian Wild Fires

Started by Bob Tidbury, December 19, 2019, 07:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

crewearpley40

George. Hope brother in law is not affected too much. How s the air quality ?

Bealman

Brown. Red sun as I type this.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Webbo

No southerly change for us I'm afraid. Been at or above 42 for the last 4 hours with strong winds from the NW. At least most of the smoke has been blown away for the first time in 3 weeks. I have friends in Talbingo, Tathra, and near Adaminaby all evacuated, but fires haven't reached these place yet as of 6pm. I keep my fingers crossed for them. We've got a fire alert, but no immediate threat.

Webbo

Bealman

Yes, this is definitely the worst I've ever seen.

My phone forecasts showers for Wollongong the next three days in a row. Hope so, but it's not often right.

Today the temperature has been unbearable, even on the coast as we are. Must be awful over there!

Dunno how they played at the SCG!

Keep safe, buddy.

Graham

just saw on the news Penrith recorded the highest temp in the world. thank goodness Scomo has finally got his hands out of his pockets,

1936ace

Just finished my shift and that explains why the old fire truck struggles as we drive back from the blue mountains
It was bloody hot

Bealman

Bealman

Quote from: Graham on January 04, 2020, 07:39:38 AM
just saw on the news Penrith recorded the highest temp in the world. thank goodness Scomo has finally got his hands out of his pockets,

:laughabovepost: :laughabovepost:

Without hopefully breaking the NGF COC, how the hell did we get saddled with that clown.  :(

Webbo

You don't mean Smoko do you? For the last 8 months our local newspaper cartoonist has been representing this guy as a clown. Have you ordered his Hawaiian shirt George?

https://www.news.com.au/national/politics/mr-koya-has-released-the-mahalo-scomo-hawaiian-shirt/news-story/b210516cd754b583fd7cf76c6d5da091

Webbo

Bealman

No, I haven't, but this is totally screwed.

I'll leave it there before Tank comes down on us.  ;)

Lawrence

At least you guys are safe and well so far, cannot imagine the hell folks are going through out there. Saw a piece on the news this morning about an ex British Army chap who lives out there now and is a volunteer firefighter, he and his crew were driving 160km to Canberra to fight fires. Top blokes  :thumbsup:
Cannot believe your government has not appealed to the international community for assistance, there must be a ton of firefighting aircraft out there which could be used to help the situation.
Stay safe guys and keep us regularly updated so we know you are all good  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Thanks, Lawrence.  :thumbsup:

I think we could do with some outside help at this time.

Big planes dropping water would certainly help

Bob Tidbury

At the risk of starting a few arguments ,I find it amazing how if there is a war then all countries join in . but why on Earth hasn't there been any response from other countries to help Australia by sending planes and troops to fight these fires .I realise it's a long way but there are huge planes that fight fires in Canada and even America , can't they go and help or is it too far for them to fly .
Bob  Tidbury

Bealman

It's politics, Bob.

So we'll leave it there, hoping for rain tomorrow.  :thumbsup:

NinOz

Usually the kiwis send firefighters and some come from California and Canada.  I don't know if any are still here.
https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/world/406177/australia-bushfires-volunteers-skip-christmas-festivities-to-fight-blazes-across-nsw
But the fires have been burning since August and everyone is just tired.  My wife weeps a lot at news reports of damage and death of homes, people, livestock and wild animals.
There are a lot of media people and politicians who should be tried and executed. :veryangry:
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations