Australian Wild Fires

Started by Bob Tidbury, December 19, 2019, 07:01:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1936ace

I tried to post pics of the rail line fires from Lithgow to Mt Victoria but I can't seem to get them to load up. Maybe the reception is poor as I'm on my way home on the train. Will try again later

Bob Tidbury

:sorrysign: to read of the damage and loss of lives in Australia and I'm full of praise for the firefighters and volunteers doing their best to save lives and property ,I allso wonder how many animals that have been killed by these terrible fires .
In the UK we tend to moan about the heat ,the cold ,the rain and so on but we don't suffer ,Fires as bad as these we don't have monsoons or Sunamis ,we don't have hurricanes  or tornados even the floods we get pale into insignificance compared to other countries so can we all stop for a moment at the end of this year and spend just one minute thinking of other people and think just  how lucky we are .
Bob Tidbury

Papyrus

Well said, Bob. We have seen the truly appalling pictures on this side of the world and everyone is hoping the fires will die down soon. We moan about the record rainfall this autumn and the floods in a few places have made some families homeless for a while, but nothing compares with what you Aussies are going through.

Keep safe, people.

Chris

AlexanderJesse

All the best wishes to those living or visiting Australia.  May your prayers for the right amount of rain be fulfilled (a gentle LONG enduring rain would be better than a devastating short and intense rain, I presume).

Read this morning that currently the area burning is the size of Switzerland... And casualties amongst animals are estimates to be almost 500 millions since september...
=================
have a disney day

Alexander

Remember: vapour is just water and therefor clean

Platy767

Quite a dramatic photo of a chopper and fire behind. Courtesy of the ABC.

Bealman

This hit home today. Brother in law was evacuated from Narooma.

However he hasn't lost his sense of humour, unfortunately I can't share it here!

This is certainly the worst I've known. Saturday is sizing up to be another scorcher.

To our global members, don't think about coming to Australia at the moment!

It's not a good place to be.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Bealman

Lots of clouds at Bealman's local bus stop this evening, but none of it is going to release any water!

Webbo

I envy your clear skies, George. We have had no let up from being shrouded in smoke for the last 3 weeks. At the moment, Canberra has the distinction of having the worst air pollution of any capital city in the world. A dubious honour, I'd say.

The places that are getting burnt at the moment on the NSW coast including Mallacoota, Batemans Bay, Malua Bay, Bawley Point and others were my summertime stamping grounds. What is happening is truly awful.

Webbo

mr bachmann

sad to still here - prayers are with you all .

but its good to know there as  been no begging/scrounging or whatever in the way of TV adds asking for a few pounds/dollars a week , or then could you UP it to maybe 25 a week -- you know the score .
NOW it been other parts of the world there would have been endless efforts to rid you of your cash.
top marks to the Australian's for getting on with saving their country , other parts of the world would just  sit back and rely upon overseas aid.

Bealman

Lunchtime temperature outside of Chez Bealman today, 44.5, humidity only 10%!!  :(

1936ace

All I can say is that it is bloody hot
I'm predeoyed up in the blue mountains and our poor old truck is struggling with the temperatures, let alone us in the cab

Bealman

Graham

hope you get a cool change before long, ours arrive about an hour ago.

Bealman

Temp just dropped 5 degrees, so hopefully it's coming through now.  :thumbsup:

Bealman

Temp dropped 10 degrees. It's now only 35!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations