What are your plans for New Years'?

Started by texhorse, December 30, 2018, 09:01:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

texhorse

So what are your plans for New Years' Eve? I have an ops session running from 8pm until 1am New Years' Day! I can't think of any better way (at my age anyway) to see in the New Year!!!!

Cheers!

Andy
UK :beers:
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Tank

Not a lot to be honest.  I have another week of annual leave which is great, but my father (who I also care for) is due out of hospital, so I'll probably be helping out with him, other family things.  I imagine myself and my wife will be awake at midnight, but that will be no great celebration!  :D

texhorse

Hey Buddy

I hope all is well with your Father and that you all have a Happy New Year, whatever you choose to do tomorrow.

Andy
UK
Montrose and Highland Railroad
"Gotta Keep Movin' On!"

Bob Tidbury

My New Years resolution is to
1  tidy up my shed .
2 sort out my stock and sell rarely used items to finance stock that will be used
3 plant all the flowers I bought from Model Scenery Supplies and Model Tree Shop.
4 finish the rest of the scenery on the new branchline board .
I know that now I've made that a public statement I had better do it .
But I will have to wait for the warmer weather , and by the time that gets here I hope you will all have forgotten my resolutions because I know I will and I doubt that they will all be accomplished especially the first one .
But I WILL TRY HONEST I WILL .
Bob Tidbury

Mr Sprue

For a change we've decide to stay at home. MIL who had open heart opp a few months back had a fall the other day so the boss wants to be on alert just in case!

However the weather looks if its going to stay dry so going to light the barbie and roast some chestnuts I bought at the market last week, washed down with a few of glasses of sherry could be a nice way to see in the new year!

Newportnobby

My cat and I hate fireworks and are too long in the tooth to do New Years Eve so at about 22.30 I'll be curled up in bed with a good book with Hookey stretched out on the bed nicking all the heat from me. The TV is usually total  :poop: anyway with some Godforsaken 'celeb' doing their thing ::)

Bealman

Same here. TV rubbish, and how many times can you sit through fireworks cascading off the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

I'll be in bed. The huge amount of dollars spent on the fireworks that could have been usefully spent elsewhere totally grinds on me.

Have they ever thought of a New Year's donation to Sydney hospitals?  >:(
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

daffy

Just another day I'm afraid. Never really been bothered about celebrating a New Year beginning, as I'm never unhappy with the one just passing.

Love the thought that daylight hours are now noticeably increasing, and that events planned for sunnier days are now on the calendar in the kitchen rather than on odd notes and emails.

But probably be awake as the clock chimes the midnight hour, courtesy of the neighbour letting off his usual grand collection of loud incandescent bangs! :)

Happy for those who enjoy all the razzmatazz. But stay safe, and don't drink and drive please.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

exmouthcraig

Will be seeing the new year checking all the livestock and horses survive the fireworks, as remote as we are the noise travels marvellously across 8 miles of fields in every direction and Mrs EC's very own horse is a nightmare when he hears them.

So the usual standing around stable yards and barns to look forward too.

Here's hoping 2019 does actually deliver part 1 of the layout and we finally get to see something move for once!!

:hmmm:

themadhippy

Am i the only one  around here who intends to get extremely drunk,private party in the local for regulars only,supposed to finish at 1am,but last year(or is it this year?) i fell out the doors at 4:30am ,took a mate 45 minutes to complete his less than 5 minute walk home  and another couple ended up sleeping in there porch as neither of them could work the front door lock.
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Phoenix

Ha, was thinking exactly the same thing  :D :D :D

6 of us are meeting up at my house, getting dressed up as pirates (Weymouth is a fancy dress zone) while drinking whisky, then doing the rounds of local pubs. As everyone is out and about, the pubs take all the tables and chairs out so everyone can fit in.

There are some good bands playing, and we will most likely end up on the beach for the fireworks

Whatever you are all doing, enjoy yourselves, and stay safe  :claphappy:

Incidentally I also had a front door problem last year, I couldn't get the key to fit, then my next door neighbour opened the door for me ......from the inside ...... I was trying to get into the wrong house  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[

All best wishes
Kevin

:beers:

railsquid

As I'm working from 7am on the 1st, I anticipate a quiet night, probably tweaking the layout. Traditional Japanese New Year food (and drink) from midday onwards though.

Graham

given up celebrating when the gang all decided we would rather have a nice lunch than stay up just to say "happy new year". So will have a nice evening with a glass of Ireland's finest and watch some c**p on the tv, and wait till the news the next day to see all the fireworks from around the world.

It was great to meet the some of the Revolution and Rapido guys on my trip to Warley, keep the good work up.

Happy New Year to one & all, and thanks for all the great tips and conversation during the year.

Trainfish

Quote from: themadhippy on December 30, 2018, 11:23:02 PM
Am i the only one  around here who intends to get extremely drunk,private party in the local for regulars only,supposed to finish at 1am,but last year(or is it this year?) i fell out the doors at 4:30am ,took a mate 45 minutes to complete his less than 5 minute walk home  and another couple ended up sleeping in there porch as neither of them could work the front door lock.

No @themadhippy , I will be doing similar. Someone has to get through this lot after all as I have another delivery due next week  :goggleeyes:

Ps, there's more in the chiller
John

In April 2024 I will be raising money for Cancer Research UK by doing at least 100 press-ups every day.  Feel free to click on the picture to go to the donations page if you would like to help me to reach my target.

To follow the construction of my layout "Longcroft" from day 1, you'll have to catch the fish below first by clicking on it which isn't difficult right now as it's frozen!

<*))))><

Phoenix

:heart2: :heart2: :heart2: Honey J.D  :heart2: :heart2: :heart2:

Have a great New Year

:beers: Kevin  :beers:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £35.23
Below Goal: £64.77
Site Currency: GBP
35%