Farish TPO 374-901A

Started by ScottyStitch, December 07, 2013, 09:18:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottyStitch

This TPO was listed as "new" in the 2012-13 catalogue, but as far as I can see the retailers have this listed as out of stock and "not available for order".

Does anyone know if this means that it is discontinued completely? I've had no reply from an enquiry to Farish. It seems a very short run.......

ScottyStitch

Quote from: newportnobby on December 07, 2013, 10:04:54 PM
It's listed in the 2013/14 catalogue.
I'd suggest contacting Osborns

http://www.osbornsmodels.com/374-901a-graham-farish-br-mk-i-tpo-coach-royal-mail-travelling-post-office-red-11694-p.asp

I've emailed them. My concen is, the illustration shows the wrong livery........

Paddy

Quote from: ScottyStitch on December 07, 2013, 09:18:30 PM
This TPO was listed as "new" in the 2012-13 catalogue, but as far as I can see the retailers have this listed as out of stock and "not available for order".

Does anyone know if this means that it is discontinued completely? I've had no reply from an enquiry to Farish. It seems a very short run.......

This is the second batch of these and a quick Google shows a number still available (circa £23).  They are lovely coaches and I suspect GF may do a third run.  Remember the Blue/Grey version can be used on late 60s layouts too and this can be had for the bargain price of £12 from some dealers!

Merry Christmas

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

ScottyStitch

This is the livery I'm after

http://www.petersspares.com/374901a-graham-farish-br-mk-i-tpo-post-office-red-with-side-lights.ir?cName=graham-farish-coaches

I'm after at least three, and I thought I'd have plenty time to collect some. Just a bit concerned that maybe they'd stopped making them.

Newportnobby

Well spotted that man.
The pic they show is the 374-903 :doh:
Farish site says it's out of stock too.

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Paddy on December 07, 2013, 10:12:50 PM

This is the second batch of these and a quick Google shows a number still available (circa £23).  They are lovely coaches and I suspect GF may do a third run.  Remember the Blue/Grey version can be used on late 60s layouts too and this can be had for the bargain price of £12 from some dealers!

Merry Christmas

Paddy

Ok thanks Paddy, panic over?

I had googled, but most places show it with the wrong livery.

Paddy

Quote from: ScottyStitch on December 07, 2013, 10:16:01 PM

Merry Christmas

Paddy

I know annoying isn't it.  Go by the code and not the photo.  You may struggle to find three at one dealer though.

Paddy
HOLLERTON JUNCTION (SHED 13C)
London Midland Region
http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=11342.0

BARRIES'S TRAIN SHED - HIGHLY RECOMMENDED
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChVzVVov7HJOrrZ6HRvV2GA

ScottyStitch

Quote from: Paddy on December 07, 2013, 10:18:19 PM
Quote from: ScottyStitch on December 07, 2013, 10:16:01 PM

Merry Christmas

Paddy

I know annoying isn't it.  Go by the code and not the photo.  You may struggle to find three at one dealer though.

Paddy

I've emailed a few places now.

Cheers guys

ParkeNd

374-903A which looks identical to me (I have just bought one) is a Hattons Christmas Special at £14 right now. More than 10 in stock.

ScottyStitch

Quote from: ParkeNd on December 08, 2013, 12:03:15 AM
374-903A which looks identical to me (I have just bought one) is a Hattons Christmas Special at £14 right now. More than 10 in stock.

Unfortunately, that's the wrong livery.....

ParkeNd

Modelmasters claim to have 1 only in stock. As an ex Logistics Manager this is usually the sign of an unfixed stock record error but worth a phone call rather than an email.

Newportnobby

Quote from: ParkeNd on December 08, 2013, 12:03:15 AM

374-901A is the Post Office red with side lights - wording reads 'Royal Mail' and it's era 5/6
374-903 is the Royal Mail Letters red - no lights - wording reads 'Royal Mail letters' and is era 8

daveg

I nearly bought the era 8 item as it was originally shown as 5 on Hatton's website.

I used their online chat service to alert them to the error.

It took a couple of weeks for the correction to be made. There are several other 'era errors' on the site. Not surprising the number of items but I now double check with the relevant catalogue if I'm not 100% sure.

Dave G

ScottyStitch

Just for completeness, I thought I'd post the reply I got from farish: ( not in it's entirety, just the relevant bit.)

" Item No. 374-901A is out of stock in our warehouse which means that these models have come into stock and have sold out. I do not anticipate further examples of these models being produced however expect that this model will be re-issued with an alternative running number at some point in the future."

Scotty

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £40.23
Below Goal: £59.77
Site Currency: GBP
40% 
April Donations