Bachmann (inc EFE and Graham Farish) Summer 2023 announcements

Started by Skyline2uk, May 03, 2023, 12:15:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jack

:heart2:  :heart2: Beautiful! I'd love a couple in ECC Blue. Sadly it's going to be a little uncomfortable while I try to sit on my hands at the price for the weathered version :goggleeyes:  :(
Today's Experts were yesterday's Beginners :)

Newportnobby

Rails are charging £4.25 extra for the weathered version so if I was paying £38.20 for a pristine one I don't think the extra is above and beyond :no:

bluedepot

what do you think of the wagon then foxhound?

i'm getting a few white ones as well

tim

SD35

It looks great.  I think mine are down the delivery office if that's what the missed delivery card on the doormat is for.

Foxhound

Quote from: bluedepot on September 01, 2023, 05:18:41 PMwhat do you think of the wagon then foxhound?

i'm getting a few white ones as well

tim

The wagon rolls freely, almost to Kato standards. Doesn't derail or disconnect from the loco,  (yet!). I'm really pleased with it.
Rob and Becky (artistic director)

SD35

Had a brief look at them this morning.  The wheel flanges clash inside the frame if turned too far so not sure if they would run happily around anything less than a twelve inch radius curve although a thin brass shim between the bolster and bogie might help.

They look fabulous close up though and run great.  There were no coupling issues as mentioned elsewhere.

bluedepot

SD35

They are just having a run along with their 90% complete TDA and TUA ECC friends.  We could do with some PRAs next.  ;)

icairns

EFE Rail Austerity J94 0-6-0ST

Spotted this on eBay last night:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/394856276121?

Have they arrived?

Rails still shows them as a pre-order.

Ian

Newportnobby

I know Rails were expecting a delivery from Bachmann/EFE but are a bit short staffed at present so maybe not booked into stock yet

Foxhound

Quote from: SD35 on September 04, 2023, 06:42:06 PMThey are just having a run along with their 90% complete TDA and TUA ECC friends.  We could do with some PRAs next.  ;)

They could also resurrect the tooling for the PAAs, that would be nice.

Steven B

Quote from: Foxhound on September 05, 2023, 12:32:09 PMThey could also resurrect the tooling for the PAAs, that would be nice.

Do you mean the blue TRL Tullis Russel hoppers?

I'd very much like these to be done, but hopefully as a better model than the ancient Farish model which is a badly disguised PGA.
There's a drawing of the PAA on the Barrow Model website

Kernow (& EFE) appear to be keen on producing china clay wagons and the PAA has yet to be done - keep your fingers crossed!

Steven B

SD35

Cheers Steven, that's very useful.  I may have a dabble at that as the ends seem similar to the PBA limestone hoppers which I'm currently working on.  Still not happy with the suspension area though:

Roy L S

Quote from: Newportnobby on September 04, 2023, 10:50:44 PMI know Rails were expecting a delivery from Bachmann/EFE but are a bit short staffed at present so maybe not booked into stock yet

According to RM Web, Kernow (from who I ordered) are still awaiting their EFE J94 delivery from Bachmann.

Foxhound

Quote from: Steven B on September 05, 2023, 01:54:58 PM
Quote from: Foxhound on September 05, 2023, 12:32:09 PMThey could also resurrect the tooling for the PAAs, that would be nice.

Do you mean the blue TRL Tullis Russel hoppers?

I'd very much like these to be done, but hopefully as a better model than the ancient Farish model which is a badly disguised PGA.
There's a drawing of the PAA on the Barrow Model website

Kernow (& EFE) appear to be keen on producing china clay wagons and the PAA has yet to be done - keep your fingers crossed!

Steven B

Fingers and toes crossed - but yes, that's the bunny.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations