Remember the Clocks go forward tonight!!

Started by Railwaygun, March 30, 2024, 09:11:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Newportnobby

They never make things easy for us blokes who don't read the manuals, do they? ::)
Oh Gawd. Just thought of another clock I need to alter - my motorbike :doh:

chrism

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 31, 2024, 01:02:58 PMThey never make things easy for us blokes who don't read the manuals, do they? ::)

Yeah, but for my previous car I was looking in the manual - just not the one for the media centre, since the clock I was trying to change was in the main instrument panel.

martyn

Be thankful we only change the clocks twice a year!

When at sea, especially on east-west or west-east crossings, depending upon the departure port's and arrival port's local time, we would have to change clock every night! Easy for the dayworkers, but the watchkeepers had to make sure they didn't call their reliefs early or late; as we used to split the total time between the three (or two) watches, so we lost, or gained, sleep equally.

On a relatively fast Atlantic crossing from/to Europe to the east USA, we had to do an hour every night.

Retarding an hour meant 40' more sleep, but made the watch seemingly MUCH longer (20'), and forwarding meant a quicker watch, but 40' less sleep......weather permitting!

Martyn

Bealman

Quote from: Newportnobby on March 31, 2024, 12:35:54 PMA reminder to those like me who have time/date on their dash cams to reset the time ;)

I never bother with mine. The clock in our car is so small you can hardly see it anyway!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £100.23
Above Goal: £0.23
Site Currency: GBP
100% 
April Donations