Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob G

Let me give you a clue about unhappy.
The most expensive holiday of my life.
First the cruise doesn't go to NZ but stays on the east Australian coast.
Not too bad given the weather in NZ.
But now the Indian Pacific train will not be leaving from Sydney as there was a health emergency last night on the train before the train had reached the Blue Mountains. They left the train somewhere in the back of beyond and we are leaving Sydney by bus for a 3 hour drive through the Blue Mountains rather than travelling through them by train.
Didn't know about this until after breakfast.
Absolutely fed up with non existent Aussie crisis management systems and want to come home for a British Rail Sandwich.
Bob

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Bob G on February 28, 2023, 11:28:06 PM
But now the Indian Pacific train will not be leaving from Sydney as there was a health emergency last night on the train before the train had reached the Blue Mountains. They left the train somewhere in the back of beyond and we are leaving Sydney by bus for a 3 hour drive through the Blue Mountains rather than travelling through them by train.
Absolutely fed up with non existent Aussie crisis management systems and want to come home for a British Rail Sandwich.
Bob

Sorry but I can hear your cat laughing from here  :smiley-laughing:

stevewalker

Bob

It could be worse, a colleague is going on a cruise tomorrow, that his wife booked before telling him. Not only does the cruise cost a fortune in itself, but as a contractor he loses pay for each day off ... she's booked a 7-week cruise!!!!

Not only that, but they picked up a new Land Rover Discovery at the weekend.

No wonder he's looking at working past retirement age!

Graham

Bob
luckily you should only miss going through the suburbs of Sydney, you will have all the best bits to come.

Bealman

It shouldn't take three hours to cross the Blue Mountains by road, but even if you slept through it, you're not missing anything.

Sorry, but I've never been impressed by the Blue Mountains, and I guess it shows. Sorry!
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

emjaybee

Bob

Poor 'Not-Julia'. You seem to attract misadventure and error in spades.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

martyn

Quote from: Newportnobby on February 01, 2023, 12:03:48 PM
:laughabovepost: :smiley-laughing:

Somewhere quite close they are obviously building more housing and this week has been a time of piledriving from 08.30 - 17.00 virtually non stop. This reverberates through my little hovel and I end up taking painkillers each day for the headaches it causes. In this day and age can't someone invent a relatively 'quiet' way of building. It's OK if you're out at work all day but if you're retired it's like someone banging on the wall all through the day :(

A bit late with the reply, but think what I used to feel like when I was on 'nights' and road or building works started about 0800, just as I went to sleep......and 50% of my working life was nights.

Martyn

zwilnik

My Revolution Class A tanks (3 pack) arrived unexpectedly this morning. I must have forgotten to ask them to change my shipping address to my friend's in the UK for my pre-orders. €25 import charge. At least it wasn't the Pendolino!

zwilnik

Quote from: emjaybee on February 28, 2023, 10:04:34 PM
I have my laptop hooked up to BackBlaze. It's a permanent backup that works in the background. It costs me $130 for two years (yes, it's in US Dollars). It has unlimited capacity.

I also use Backblaze on all my computers. Stupidly cheap for what it does and quite literally fire and forget.

emjaybee

Quote from: zwilnik on March 03, 2023, 10:41:37 AM
I have my laptop hooked up to BackBlaze. It's a permanent backup that works in the background. It costs me $130 for two years (yes, it's in US Dollars). It has unlimited capacity.

I also use Backblaze on all my computers. Stupidly cheap for what it does and quite literally fire and forget.

Do you recall who put me onto them...?

Thanks fella.
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

joe cassidy

Quote from: zwilnik on March 03, 2023, 10:36:30 AM
My Revolution Class A tanks (3 pack) arrived unexpectedly this morning. I must have forgotten to ask them to change my shipping address to my friend's in the UK for my pre-orders. €25 import charge. At least it wasn't the Pendolino!

Presumably Revolution deducted the UK VAT ?

Yesterday I paid import charges of 9 euro on a packet containing :

2 Dapol Schools class buffers
1 Dapol 9F class draw bar

:(

zwilnik

Quote from: joe cassidy on March 03, 2023, 11:11:49 AM
Quote from: zwilnik on March 03, 2023, 10:36:30 AM

Presumably Revolution deducted the UK VAT ?

Yesterday I paid import charges of 9 euro on a packet containing :

2 Dapol Schools class buffers
1 Dapol 9F class draw bar

:(

I don't think they did deduct the VAT actually :(

Mito

I've stopped buying from the UK now because of import duties. It makes an expensive hobby even more expensive.
You know you're getting older when your mind makes commitments your body can't meet.
https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=24101.0 Off on a journey

dannyboy

Quote from: Mito on March 03, 2023, 08:27:56 PM
I've stopped buying from the UK now because of import duties. It makes an expensive hobby even more expensive.

I was looking at something on ebay yesterday. Purchase price was about £20, postage and duties was £50+ on top  :goggleeyes:.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Graham

Quote from: emjaybee on March 03, 2023, 11:04:26 AM
Quote from: zwilnik on March 03, 2023, 10:41:37 AM

Do you recall who put me onto them...?

Thanks fella.
FYI, Office 365 which includes the One Drive functionality is AU$90 /yr about US$60. same thing I just set and forget.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations