Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

Good to hear everything went well and the newly weds were happy. Sometimes less is more!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

stevewalker

Well, following a visit to hospital for my tests, my wife has now reached the milestone of being under the GP and four different Consultants - all for different things! She hardly needs food anymore, as she's so full of pills. Lungs, heart, joints, digestive system, kidneys ... nothing works right! And still only in her fifties. I'm sure they'll manage to fix something eventually.

guest311

sounds like you wouldn't get much in part exchange  :-[

seriously, hope all does end up going well.

in spite of still dealing with covid, the NHS is managing to really get stuck into other things, I was absolutely shocked by how quickly SWMBO was diagnosed, tested, referred, and sorted.

so, fingers crossed, and best wishes for both of you.

grumbeast

Fourth day of our heatwave.. only forecast to be 35 today yay :(  have been sleeping on a campbed in the basement for days now, no AC, the mainfloor of the house is unihabitable (Its not dipped below 30C even at night, it generally hovers around 37 during the day.  Did venture out to get a watermelon yesterday and the car was 44C!   hoping for relief tomorrow, the high is expected to be 29. with 16 at night, I hope to be able to sleep finally!

Webbo

Graham

You should thank your lucky stars you don't live in Lytton, British Columbia. It exceeded Canada's previous record high temperature of 45 for three days in a row: Sunday (46.6), Monday (47.5) and Tuesday (over 49).

Deadwood, my layout set in south central BC, is predicted to get to 42 tomorrow.

Webbo

wombat457

:thumbsup:  that is a tad warm .........  :jawdropping:
Cheers,

Tony

"Knowing what to do is one thing - Being able to do it is another"
"It's easy to criticize - harder when you have to justify it"

The Q

Quote from: Platy767 on June 29, 2021, 02:40:53 AM
This should probably be in the happy thread, but it's related to the current NSW lockdown. The daughter was to be married in July 2020, but that got postponed to July 4th 2021, which is now a no go. Fortunately the NSW premier, when announcing the current NSW lockdown from Saturday 26th June said that weddings could proceed on the 26th and 27th June. Anyway, mad scramble with celebrant, flowers, hair and makeup and venue on Saturday night gave way to a beautiful, intimate ceremony on Sunday afternoon. No reception and only a small masked up, socially distanced crowd, but the wedding couple were happy! Lovely weather on the day.
Apparently many other intending couples in Sydney did the same.
Mark
And the Dads Pocket should be happy ... no huge celebration dinner to pay for...

Platy767

Quote from: The Q on June 30, 2021, 09:54:53 AM

And the Dads Pocket should be happy ... no huge celebration dinner to pay for...

Ah, not quite. Only the final 5k payment wasn't made, but the deposit and previous progress payments were. Still working out how much and how long the credit will last and when and what kind of party the young couple will have.

grumbeast

Quote from: Webbo on June 30, 2021, 07:30:25 AM
Graham

You should thank your lucky stars you don't live in Lytton, British Columbia. It exceeded Canada's previous record high temperature of 45 for three days in a row: Sunday (46.6), Monday (47.5) and Tuesday (over 49).

Deadwood, my layout set in south central BC, is predicted to get to 42 tomorrow.

Webbo

Yeah, and whats happened in Lytton is a tragedy, one of my Colleague's family is from there and they've lost everything.  There are about 6 'Wildfires of Concern' in the interior right now, about 60000 Hectares worth.   We have a wildfire season here but I think its going to be a bad one this year.  we're not so vulnerable on the Island, but we did have one get pretty to the city last year, it plays hell with my Asthma

guest311

sent a wargames mate a message earlier today ...
just had a reply from his SWMBO ...
he collapsed thursday, blue light to hospital, no further info..
know him since Brize in the early 70s,
he could hear the kettle go on from there when our quarter was in Bampton !
had our ups and downs since then, but always made up...
and he's 5 years younger than me..

shocked.....

if you can spare a few minutes, have a thought for him, and her as well.

thank you.

Papyrus

Where do you find a carpenter?

We want to renovate our staircase, so I have contacted 6 local carpenters for estimates. One (who was recommended by a neighbour) hasn't bothered to respond to my messages. One turned up two days after his appointment and gave a very casual "could do it for two or three hundred, mate", which didn't fill us with confidence. The other four came, were friendly enough, measured up and went away, never to be heard from again. I know a lot of them are very busy right now, but if they aren't going to send an estimate, why go to the trouble of visiting you in the first place?

As there is no 'Grrr' smiley, this will have to do :headbutt:

Cheers, 

Chris

dannyboy

@class37025
For some reason I missed your post Alan regarding your mate - I hope things are okay now.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

guest311

@dannyboy,
thank you for asking.

he is home now, though with further tests still to be done, as they do not know what happened.
apparently his blood pressure just went through the floor and he collapsed.
no ambulance available, but luckily when he left the RAF he went to the London Ambulance Service, and still had contacts after retiring. his SWMBO called one and they scrambled a scratch crew to collect him and convey to hospital.
most likely saving his life.
so many ambulance services are under huge pressure at the moment so can understand all units deployed locally to his location.

hopefully the tests will decide what happened and enable treatment to prevent further recurrences.

regards
alan

while meaning nothing to me, apparently his BP was 75/40 on their arrival.

Newportnobby

Quote from: class37025 on July 24, 2021, 01:33:53 PM

while meaning nothing to me, apparently his BP was 75/40 on their arrival.

@class37025 Alan, the figure you quote is horribly low and I'm not surprised he collapsed. Generally my BP is around the 140/75 mark.

Quote from: Papyrus on July 24, 2021, 01:06:34 PM
Where do you find a carpenter?

@Papyrus Chris - in Lankyshire we have a website called 'Safe Traders' which is vetted by the Trading Standards Office. Should someone turn up, measure up and then not quote the Trading Standards will act if informed. It's a prestigious site to be listed on.
I know on TV 'Trust a Trader' is advertised but I really don't know if that system is monitored as strictly.

stevewalker

Our eldest son is due to start university in September and not only does he want to have the Covid vaccine first, but there are now suggestions that it may be mandatory to be allowed to access physical lectures, but his 18th birthday is not until next month. He may not even be allowed into the halls of residence without vaccination.

His GP will not deal with any Covid vaccination questions at all ... they are now only dealing with people who have missed 2nd doses. The online system will let him book, but won't let him get the second dose before he starts university (and even then he may not be able to attend lectures or stay in halls until two weeks after) and won't deal with the two doses being in separate cities. The 119 phone service won't deal with under 18s at all - despite it being announced that anyone within 3 months of their 18th birthday or having a vulnerable household member (he qualifies for both) can book now!

Arrrghhhh!

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations