Unhappy Thread

Started by Caz, August 26, 2015, 10:11:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

daffy

Quote from: themadhippy on October 16, 2020, 03:39:42 PM
A  middle class punk  went to ikea and told the assistant ,"my girlfriend insists i need  a sofa bed,have you got any?" the assistant  replies
"Don't be told what you want
Don't be told what you need
There's no futon
No futon
No futon for you"

That's a half-sized joke if ever I read one.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Skyline2uk

Ok so this post is only here for dramatic effect (and I can't find a "how do I explain this to the wife" thread), and I am in fact happy....

Secured my Christmas present from the Wife (to be locked away till the big day of course) today.

Only problem is it has come via @Mirrlees (Sir Tim of Hitch) and of course I was subjected to the famous "up sell".

So extra package needs to make its way into the house...

And what's worse is I have to go go the den of the master salesman himself to pick up the items.

How is a man of fragile will when it comes to tiny trains to cope in such a place?!

:o :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

Mirrlees

Quote from: Skyline2uk on October 16, 2020, 06:43:26 PM
Ok so this post is only here for dramatic effect (and I can't find a "how do I explain this to the wife" thread), and I am in fact happy....

Secured my Christmas present from the Wife (to be locked away till the big day of course) today.

Only problem is it has come via @Mirrlees (Sir Tim of Hitch) and of course I was subjected to the famous "up sell".

So extra package needs to make its way into the house...

And what's worse is I have to go go the den of the master salesman himself to pick up the items.

How is a man of fragile will when it comes to tiny trains to cope in such a place?!

:o :goggleeyes:

Skyline2uk

I can increase the bill if so desired?  Well I'll increase if you don't desire either.

Lots of nice shiny things for you.

:bounce:
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

JBQFC

well as i suspected my colitis has flared up spent the last three days either in bed sleeping or on the toilet 
cannot get hold of my consultant and my doctor is hopeless  :censored:

John

Newportnobby

Sorry to hear that. My mum's doc is working from home. What use that is to mankind only the doc knows ::)

Mirrlees

Quote from: JBQFC on October 26, 2020, 08:04:24 PM
well as i suspected my colitis has flared up spent the last three days either in bed sleeping or on the toilet 
cannot get hold of my consultant and my doctor is hopeless  :censored:

John

Sorry to hear.
Tim Hitch
NGS Display Stand Manager

dannyboy

@JBQFC  hope it's a relatively short bout John.
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

NinOz

Saturday was the QLD state election day.  Voting was at my local high school polling booths. 

In the past you had to run the gauntlet of committed excited people handing out party how-to-vote cards, lineup to get the voting form, cast your vote then exit past fund raising home-baked cake stalls and sausage sizzle stall.  Always came away with at least half a dozen fresh lamingtons, if you got there early enough.  :drool:

On this Saturday just a couple of subdued people handing out cards, couple of placards on the entry fence, no queues, school hall basically empty, no cakes, no sausage sizzle.  Overall very minimalist depressing atmosphere. :(

Even though we haven't had Covid cases for a while, certainly felt the effects of maintaining control.
To be called pompous and arrogant - hell of a come down.
I tried so hard to be snobbish and haughty.

| Carpe Jugulum |

themadhippy

QuoteSaturday was the QLD state election day.
At least you got to vote,all the local uk elections  that were due  in may  have been  postponed until may next year,unless the goalposts change again
freedom of speech is but a  fallacy.it dosnt exist here

Bealman

I've always found voting stations depressing, I'm afraid - even without covid.
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

Yet_Another

It's mostly the stupid people who are allowed to vote that I find depressing.
Tony

'...things are not done by those who sit down to count the cost of every thought and act.' - Sir Daniel Gooch of IKB

Skyline2uk

Quote from: Yet_Another on November 01, 2020, 11:20:16 AM

It's the cynical, power-hungry, corrupt, un-caring sods who take advantage of the stupid people being allowed to vote that I REALLY find depressing.

Skyline2uk

emjaybee

Fear not. When I rise to power I'll put an end to the drudgery of voting.

I'll put an end to many things, but I'll start with voting.

:veryangry:
Brookline build thread:

https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=50207.msg652736#msg652736

Sometimes you bite the dog...

...sometimes the dog bites you!

----------------------------------------------------------

I can explain it to you...

...but I can't understand it for you.

daffy

It's the crazy folks with guns being allowed to vote and intimidate others that I find depressing/frightening.

Oh, that's in America, sorry.

By comparison voting here in the UK is wonderful.
Mike

Sufferin' succotash!

Snowwolflair

Quote from: Yet_Another on November 01, 2020, 11:20:16 AM

If we only had clever people voting we might get clever politicians, and where is the fun in that  :smiley-laughing:

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations