NGF Antiques Roadshow

Started by Newportnobby, July 28, 2019, 11:08:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crewearpley40

Trying to organise a meet up is hard work. I have a few items pushing close to 40 year old . I kept the original boxes, with labelled price tag, unsure if my late Grandfather kept the receipt

crewearpley40

swisstrains

This might make me a couple of bob if the right buyer came along.
It's number 1 of a limited edition of 150.

icairns

I was interested to see the original concept behind this thread of collecting valuable N-Gauge models elicited some comments and photos about Lone Star model trains.  I had a small collection of these in the 1960s and was one of the driving forces that encouraged me to abandon 00 gauge for N Gauge (space for a reasonable layout was another reason).

Starting in the 1990s, and with the advent of eBay, I became interested in collecting model trains and I thought collecting Lone Star items would be an ideal hobby.  Lone Star models were probably not in the mainstream of collecting and, therefore, relatively affordable.  Some of my other collecting interests include Kitmaster and Airfix kits, and Wrenn-Lima N-Gauge models.

One of the things that made collecting Lone Star interesting was the fact that models included both UK and USA prototypes (like Tri-ang) and the variety of liveries that were used.

The following photos show part of my collection and some of the variations that Lone Star produced. 

The models in the photos are from the following Lone Star ranges:

- Lone Star Locos (pushalong or push trains) - diecast metal track
- Treble-0-Lectric - 2-rail track
- Treble-0-Trains - plastic track
- "Impy" Treble-0-Trains - plastic track
- Lone Star Model Trains - plastic track

I would consider my Lone Star collection to be "mature", but I am always on the look out for some of the rare and unusual items (but unfortunately, these are often out of my price range now).  The following photos are of display cabinets in my house and obviously these do not have room for many of the scenic items (stations, tunnels or the Gulliver County series of buildings, etc.) but I think it gives the flavor (US spelling) of the range of railway models produced by Lone Star. 

Ian
Los Angeles

Bealman

What a great collection! Thanks for posting!  :thumbsup:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

crewearpley40

must be worth a lot if still have the original boxes

railsquid

Some Lone Star stuff pops up in Japan from time to time, one has to wonder how it ended up here.

Please Support Us!
May Goal: £100.00
Due Date: May 31
Total Receipts: £30.67
Below Goal: £69.33
Site Currency: GBP
31% 
May Donations