Cycle racing

Started by Newportnobby, June 09, 2019, 11:15:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RailGooner

Just watched the inaugural Mount Ventoux Denivele Challenge. Another chance for Romain Bardet to show his tactical naivety and he didn't disappoint.

RailGooner

Argh! The (Virgin TV) guide and Eurosport 2HD channel info, tell me I'm watching 'Critérium du Dauphiné Cycling' but my eyes and the commentary tell me I'm watching the Tour of Hungary! :censored: :veryangry:

I've now seen the results and, well, my mood isn't really improved any by them. :veryangry: :veryangry:

TrevL

I feel your pain!  I recorded it yesterday on Sky, but what I got was tennis. Sat down to watch it again today, and like you was the tour of Hungary.  Fortunately it was on straight after.  Nice to see Aliphilippe blow up and let someone else win something.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

RailGooner

:'( Aaaarrggghhhhhh! No Cav in this year's TdF. :'(

TrevL

Sadly, since his illness and crashes he had, I don't think he is the force he once was, shame.
Cheers, Trev.

Time flys like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana!

njee20

Hardly surprising. Emotionally I'd like to see him racing, but he's just not got the form or fitness.

RailGooner

Team Dimension Data seem to be backing Edvald Boasson Hagen in the sprints this season.

Newportnobby

A shame but, as has been said, poor health and lack of fitness would probably lead more to embarrassment than any result :(

Connel Ferry

Been a good start to this years tour, with some popular stage winners.
Geraint is going to have a hard job winning this one.
Shame about Cav. :'(
Iain
British Rail, Barloch TMD

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations