On telly tonight

Started by Ali Smith, October 19, 2023, 11:13:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali Smith

More4, 9pm, "Little Trains and Big Names with Pete Waterman". It's a four part series about the train sets of famous musical types, presented by the aforementioned Mr. Waterman. According to Radio Times (other listing magazines are available) "Geeks and geezers of a certain age will love this, but others might, too, especially as Waterman's famous model-loving friends include James May, Eddie Izzard, Francis Rossi and tonight, Jools Holland."
I'm always nervous about model railways in the general media, but I think this one should be worth a look.

Phoenix

Cheers Ali for that

I do like the Jools Holland layout but am going to the Pavilion to see a Pink Floyd act so it is being recorded.

Incidentally I am sending this on my phone from the White Hart where we had a lovely afternoon with you and your brother

All best wishes

Kevin  :beers:

Newportnobby

I did enjoy this programme although Jool's layout is not really to my liking.
I believe next week will feature Suzy Izzard and presumably, Bexhill, the winter scene N gauge model

middlefour

I really enjoyed it, people who know about model railways talking about model railways with no voice over making silly comments. Looking forward to the rest of the series.
Steve

woodbury22uk

I am not normally a fan of TV model railway programmes, but this certainly hit the spot for me. Having talked to PW a few times at the Chester Making Tracks shows, it seems like he talks to Jools Holland just as he talked to me. A TV natural in my view.
Mike

Membre AFAN 0196

Firstone18

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 19, 2023, 10:48:54 PMI did enjoy this programme although Jool's layout is not really to my liking.
I believe next week will feature Susi Izzard and presumably, Bexhill, the winter scene N gauge model
Eddy Izzard?
Finally, after waiting over 55 years I am building a permanent layout in a purpose built shed!

Newportnobby

Quote from: Firstone18 on October 20, 2023, 04:40:10 PM
Quote from: Newportnobby on October 19, 2023, 10:48:54 PMI did enjoy this programme although Jool's layout is not really to my liking.
I believe next week will feature Susi Izzard and presumably, Bexhill, the winter scene N gauge model
Eddy Izzard?

The very same. I corrected the spelling of Suzy in my post just now

Jim Easterbrook

I finally got round to watching this programme last night. It was far better than I had expected, given how "special interests" are often treated by TV programmes. (There was a bit of "can they finish the layout in time" artifice but not dominating this episode at least.)

Jools' layout is amazing. I loved the way he'd packed in so many places that meant something to him, and not worried about hyper-realism.
Jim Easterbrook
"I'm an engineer, not an artist!"
"Amoro, emptio, utiliso!"
Personal website. / Photos on Flickr. / Blog.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £50.23
Below Goal: £49.77
Site Currency: GBP
50% 
April Donations