The Angels’ Share

Started by port perran, September 04, 2023, 04:47:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

port perran

Part Thirty Three

The Fishing Trip

Next morning Jimmy was woken with a start by a loud banging on his bedroom door.
"Wake up, wake up. It's fishing at nine and breakfast first so get a move on".

Jimmy made his way down to breakfast but could only manage Corn Flakes after over doing things a bit last evening. Nevertheless he made it down to the harbour by nine to see a goodly gathering of folk ready for the big expedition out to sea.

A small boat bobbed happily by the harbour wall.

Everyone boarded led by Sir William and Sandy and then came Serjeant Dixon, DCI Laird, Graham Hill, Bob Peel, Tom Biggins and, of course, Jimmy Johnstone then just as the the skipper was ready to move off a slight but athletic looking young man with red-brown hair came running around the corner.

Jimmy sat open-mouthed. The lad running towards the boat was none other than his namesake Jimmy Johnstone the great Celtic footballer and Jimmy's hero.

"Aye, Jimmy's coming to join us Jimmy" said a beaming Sir William who could tell that he had just made someone's day.

Out at sea everyone caught their share of fish including pollock, plaice and a few bass but the day was made special for another young member of the party.

Bob Peel was gently reeling in a small pollock when DCI Laird leaned over to him "Well done laddie for helping to bring those whisky crooks to justice. I have  a little surprise as a reward. Sarge over there has agreed to your joining us plain clothed lot. It'll be a nice little promotion for you".

The End

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Chris in Prague

Quote from: crewearpley40 on September 28, 2023, 06:02:57 PMAgreed with Ed and David. Love the photos too

Seconded! I agree with all the above positive comments.

Graham

what an absolutely brilliant tale. loved reading every bit of it.

Ed

Quote from: Graham on September 29, 2023, 08:02:45 AMwhat an absolutely brilliant tale. loved reading every bit of it.

Totally agree, great story, thank you  :thumbsup:

Ed

Ali Smith

I really enjoyed that. Thank you.

weave

Hi Martin,

Another thumbs up from me. Very enjoyable and well written.

Cheers, weave  :beers:

cornish yorkie

:hellosign:  :greatpicturessign:  :thankyousign:
  Many thanks Martin (& John) an excellent tale well written & most enjoyable, super photos too
 :thumbsup: from me
  stay safe regards Derek
ONLY ONE RULE ENJOY

dannyboy

Quote from: port perran on September 29, 2023, 06:55:51 AMThe End

Aw.  :(

That has been a lovely, well told story. Thank you to all who put it all together.  :thumbsup:
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

Train Waiting

Well done Martin and Keith.

A SuperSpiffing story!

And that wee boatie, bobbing off the coast of Poppyshire and Sillyshire is a long way from home.

I look forward to your next adventure.

With all good wishes.

John
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

weave

Sorry, I forgot to acknowledge John and Keith for their input  :thumbsup:  I forget things sometimes....can't think why  :beers:   :beers:   :beers:

keithbythe sea

Well, finally caught up with the story after our travels to foreign parts (which were rather warm).

Excellent tale telling Martin, thank you!  :thumbsup: Well, done to Jimmy too.

Pleased to have played my (very) small part.

Train Waiting

I hope you had a SuperSpiffing holiday, Keith.

Best wishes

John

@keithbythe sea
Please visit us at www.poppingham.com

'Why does the Disney Castle work so well?  Because it borrows from reality without ever slipping into it.'

(Acknowledgement: John Goodall Esq, Architectural Editor, 'Country Life'.)

The Table-Top Railway is an attempt to create, in British 'N' gauge,  a 'semi-scenic' railway in the old-fashioned style, reminiscent of the layouts of the 1930s to the 1950s.

For the made-up background to the railway and list of characters, please see here: https://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=38281.msg607991#msg607991

keithbythe sea

Thank you John @Train Waiting

Yes, super spiffing indeed. Rather unseasonably hot, 30+ degrees in both Tenerife and Gran Canaria but I guess that this is global warming. Unfortunately it has sparked more wildfires but the Canary pine is very resilient.

Please Support Us!
April Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Total Receipts: £70.23
Below Goal: £29.77
Site Currency: GBP
70% 
April Donations