Started by Newportnobby, September 22, 2018, 08:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bealman

The link sent me to a cartoon bear?  :hmmm:
Vision over visibility. Bono, U2.

njee20

Quote from: Newportnobby on October 11, 2018, 10:28:11 AM
Quote from: njee20 on October 11, 2018, 09:16:06 AM

I caught up with the F1 on Channel 4 from Sardinia last week.

I never realised there was a circuit in Sardinia let alone a race being on the schedule :dunce: :-X

Where's that rolling eyes emoji!?! ;)

Quote from: Bealman on October 11, 2018, 10:33:12 AM
The link sent me to a cartoon bear?  :hmmm:

It's a VPN service which enables you to appear to be in a different country, ie the UK, so you can watch content only available in the UK, the second link being the online catch up of the Great Model Railway Challenge. I assume the second link alone doesn't work - may be worth trying...?

Bealman

I will,

It's late here in Oz And I'll probably not try it tonight.

Thank you!  :thumbsup:

Newportnobby

Quote from: njee20 on October 11, 2018, 10:37:07 AM
Quote from: Newportnobby on October 11, 2018, 10:28:11 AM

I caught up with the F1 on Channel 4 from Sardinia last week.

I never realised there was a circuit in Sardinia let alone a race being on the schedule :dunce: :-X

Where's that rolling eyes emoji!?! ;)

Where it's always been ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ::) ;)

Drakken

I've tried to stay away from viewing the episodes until it's complete so I can watch them all in one sitting and see if the quality improves as some peoples first impressions of the episode it's hard to watch and some even turned it off or at the break. I'll wait and see it as one on one of my day's off :beers:

Fardap

What about using this, which will enable you to pretend to be in the UK so you can watch this?

I caught up with the F1 on Channel 4 from Sardinia last week. You only get a free allowance of a certain amount with Tunnelbear, so go for a lower quality stream, but it works for me. I'd do it on mobile/tablet to avoid you seeding from your computer, although I'm pretty sure they don't do that by default, and give you an extra allowance if you do.

I used TB when I was living and working in France was the best thing for 'being in the UK' also if you are on twitter you can get extra allowance just by tweeting about them. Works really well simple and effective.

Now off to find that Sardinian round of the F1 I obviously missed...

Lawrence

Whilst the show is 'entertainment' I don't think it is is particularly aimed at modellers, more to show a little of our world, perhaps give one or two of us some ideas and perhaps encourage more to join with us.
There are people different to ourselves in any walk of life, job or hobby so finding a comic, a blowhard or and introvert amongst such numbers shouldn't really surprise anyone.
Take it for what it is supposed to be, or don't, you have the remote  ;)

Bealman

I know from all the discussion it's generated, I'd love to see it!  :thumbsup:

DarrwestLU6

Quote from: Nick on October 09, 2018, 11:43:47 AM
The guy I was speaking to had a Model Railway Challenge logo on his stand (he was exhibiting something else) and had spent Saturday surrounded by kids delighted to see the logo, because they'd watched the show and enjoyed it, and wanted to know how to start. Entertainment and hooking in kids to the hobby. That has to be good, doesn't it?

Can't agree more!
Hogwarts to King's Cross - My layout under construction: http://www.ngaugeforum.co.uk/SMFN/index.php?topic=43358.msg536504#msg536504

Leon

What about using this, which will enable you to pretend to be in the UK so you can watch this?

I downloaded and installed TunnelBear, but when I attempt to stream the program from channel5.com I get the message about having to be in the UK. I cleared my cookies, but that didn't change anything. Any suggestions?

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A well-read man is defined not for how much he's read but by what he's read!" - an old man

njee20

Sounds like Tunnel Bear isn't actually active - you'll need to make sure it's turned on and you've specified that you want to appear in the UK.

Fardap

Quote from: Leon on October 12, 2018, 12:01:27 AM

I downloaded and installed TunnelBear, but when I attempt to stream the program from channel5.com I get the message about having to be in the UK. I cleared my cookies, but that didn't change anything. Any suggestions?

Leon

As njee20 stated you need to select United Kingdom in the drop down - I think it defaults to your home country so would show United States for you, change to UK and then turn on - then open the browser after turning on.

If you are on twitter you can click the tweet button and get a 1GB allowance should get you through the show!

Steve

Chris Morris

I won't be able to see it until Sunday so no spoilers please.
Working doesn't seem to be the perfect thing for me so I'll continue to play.
Steve Marriott / Ronnie Lane

Leon

Quote from: Fardap on October 12, 2018, 09:03:25 AM
Quote from: Leon on October 12, 2018, 12:01:27 AM

Leon

As njee20 stated you need to select United Kingdom in the drop down - I think it defaults to your home country so would show United States for you, change to UK and then turn on - then open the browser after turning on.

If you are on twitter you can click the tweet button and get a 1GB allowance should get you through the show!

Steve

Njee and Steve, I cleared my cookies, closed my browser, opened TunnelBear, confirmed that UK is the chosen country, opened Channel5.com, clicked on The Great Model Railway Challenge and got the same message - "We're sorry but you must be in the UK to view this content."

I think somebody has gotten wise and clever about blocking access.

Leon
"I've learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel." - Maya Angelou

"A well-read man is defined not for how much he's read but by what he's read!" - an old man

njee20

Nah, won't be that, Tunnel Bear should be fool proof, but I'm afraid I'm not sufficiently au fait with it to offer much help. I've always used the iOS app rather than the PC application. No need to keep clearing cookies or anything though - it's setting up a VPN to effectively connect you to another computer in the UK, so not browser related. I imagine it'll be somewhere in your system VPN settings.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations