what are people doing on their layout right now

Started by B1 61126, August 16, 2011, 07:59:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Q

daveg

Wondering why all of a sudden I have a dead section of track and where the hell is my mini circuit tester thingy?  :doh:  :'(

Dave G

Shropshire Lad

I've printed a few options for the canal bridge, I really ought to get on with some baseboard building!

dannyboy

Quote from: daveg on November 04, 2019, 03:37:08 PM
where the hell is my mini circuit tester thingy?  :doh:  :'(

It's in the same place we all put things like that .... 'the safe place'!
David.
I used to be indecisive - now I'm not - I don't think.
If a friend seems distant, catch up with them.

chrism

Quote from: dannyboy on November 04, 2019, 04:00:30 PM

That mysterious place that always comes to light just after one has given up and replaced the missing item  :laugh:

crewearpley40

hi Shropshire lad

you : printed a few options for the canal bridge - is that from a decent source please ?  looks like a prototypical structure and easy to assemble

Delboy

Still working on my working semaphore signals. Nearly sorted an improved GWR Lower quadrant using 3D printed parts and brass tube for the posts. Hopefully get some layout work done eventually but I must admit to enjoying this developing of a decent realistically N scaled signal that functions reliably.  :)
She who must be obeyed says I am spending too much time on this forum. I love her dearly but what does she know?

dannyboy

Currently constructing the toilet block - https://www.3d-pluss.net/shop
Quite easy to construct and 'bash' slightly. The quality of this item, for the money, is very good. (Usual "just a happy customer" etc.).
David.

Newportnobby

Quote from: dannyboy on November 04, 2019, 04:00:30 PM

Probably the 'man drawer' :)

dannyboy

Quote from: Newportnobby on November 04, 2019, 04:11:03 PM

Probably the 'man drawer' :)

Nah, that's the first place we look and we all know that the missing item is in the last place we look, (why don't we look there first  :hmmm:). Unfortunately, I am in the fortunate position of having a 'man room', so when I 'lose' something, it is usually quicker to go out and buy a new whatever is missing! Still, it does mean that before long, I will be able to hold a sale of loads of 'nearly new' tools and other bits.  ;D
David.

Shropshire Lad

Quote from: crewearpley40 on November 04, 2019, 04:06:07 PM
hi Shropshire lad

you : printed a few options for the canal bridge - is that from a decent source please ?  looks like a prototypical structure and easy to assemble
It's Thingiverse file, I saw it on a Prusa blog and thought it looked really prototypical.
I'm going to glue the deck sections together to try and get an 'added line' look.
Cheers Colin

crewearpley40

thanks colin

looks superb and look forward to seeing this in place on your layout. chris

MinZaPint

Putting together some Scalescenes kits, while I work up the enthusiasm to tackle a couple of track problems. I find these kits very satisfying to build even though they are rather time consuming! Owing to some eye problems they aint going to be perfect but hopefully will look Ok from a normal viewing distance. The recently finished garage lurking in the station yard, currently working on the goods shed, slow going as I can only work for shortish periods but at least it's progress of a sort!

Cogito Sumere potum alterum

port perran

I'll get round to fixing it drekkly me 'ansome.

Please Support Us!
March Goal: £100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Total Receipts: £82.34
Below Goal: £17.66
Site Currency: GBP
82% 
March Donations